1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good dealer in KC...... Leaf TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ruskastud, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    ruskastud

ruskastud [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lenexa, KS
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    AVS Hood Shield & In Channel Ventvisors, Console Vault, Disable Seat Belt Chime, WeatherTech DigiFit Floor Liners, Lighted 4x4 Switch, Ultra-Gauge, Rear Spring TSB
    Jay Wolfe Toyota
    Greg H. - Service Mngr

Took my truck in for 5000 mile oil change. Said I wanted to do the leaf spring TSB. Told me ride would be stiffer, but that they'd do it. When I paid they said they had ordered the parts. Will do the pedal recall at the same time. Said if I wasn't happy with the pedal they'd order me a new one. He did say that he couldn't just do the ECM flash. It's all or nothing......

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy. Been taking my trucks there for 5 years, so I kind of expected it........ :D

They also did the first ECM reflash TSB 2 months ago.

2. Sep 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    andrew

andrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport, 4x4- totaled
    OEM bug deflector
    Yea I went there when searching for my first truck...they seemed pretty reputable. Glad you're happy with what you got.

3. Sep 14, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    gunner_20

gunner_20 ...

Member:
    Nixa MO
    Vehicle:
    03 Tundra A/C TRD Off Road 4x4
    My old roommate bought his girlfriend a car from there. They worked with them on the price and he got a pretty good deal. Gave her alot more for her trade in than anyone else would.

I got mine at Superior Toyota in Merriam. If you ever have problems at Jay Wolfe head over to Superior.

4. Sep 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    ruskastud

Member:
    Lenexa, KS
    Vehicle:
    AVS Hood Shield & In Channel Ventvisors, Console Vault, Disable Seat Belt Chime, WeatherTech DigiFit Floor Liners, Lighted 4x4 Switch, Ultra-Gauge, Rear Spring TSB
    Performance Toyota in KCK is building a new dealership out by Legends. It will be closer to me, but Jay Wolfe has always been good to me.......... although I did buy my 2010 up in St. Joe.

5. Sep 15, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Performance Toyota used to be Roger Smith and Sons toyota. Roger Smith's dealership was well known for their extremely professional and highly competent service department. My family's experience is that Performance Toyota still has an extremely professional and highly competent service department.

I also had a great buying experience there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone try the place. I bought my last car at a Jay Wolfe dealer, and the sales and service there was also top notch.

It's good to have two great dealerships in the area!

6. Sep 15, 2010 at 4:34 AM
    BGrutter

BGrutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    I just bought my 2010 at Jay Wolfe and was impressed. I had a similar experience with my trade-in. For anyone that looks to buy there, i would say go for it. However, there is one person that I would be weary of, his name is Larry. After you buy a vehicle, you have a sit down with him where he'll try to sell you some vehicle protection stuff (fabric stuff, underbody coating, etc...). He can be pretty pushy. When I bought mine, I said is like the package, just shy of $700 for all three different options. But, when it came time to sign the dottted line, I realized that I just did not want to pay for it. The day after, i got a call from him essentially telling me that I probably screwed myself and that I opted out of the "Single most important detail for resale." He was really laying it on thick and I really wanted to tell him to shove off.

Anyway, the salesmen, financing guy, and the service guys I've met so far (had to meet some when I returned the running boards I didn't want to pay for) were all top notch. I highly recommend them.

7. Sep 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    ruskastud

Member:
    Lenexa, KS
    Vehicle:
    Picked my truck up tonight. Pedal looks good. No change in feel under my foot. Don't think I'd even notice the difference if I didn't know it had been done.

Suspension feels great! Will be a huge improvement when I have weight in the back.

8. Sep 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    andrew

andrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport, 4x4- totaled
    OEM bug deflector
    I know how you feel...they really lay those packages on thick and you're so absorbed with thinking about just the truck you feel guilted into going with those packages too. Nicely done on making the right decision.

To Top