1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good dealership

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fortyniner, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Dec 20, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    fortyniner

fortyniner [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4
    I know there is a lot of complaining about dealership just thought I would throw out that there are also some good ones. Magic Toyota in Lynnwood, WA has given me nothing but good service. Had some trouble with my idle going up and down they replace my throttle body under warranty. I had trouble with the truck bottoming out with under 500 lbs in the bed they did the spring TSB with no hassle. Every time the truck was in the shop they vacuum it out and a gave me a ticket for a car wash. Today I got a oil change with synthetic oil and there safety check for $49. Just saying.
    PS I don't work for Toyota.

2. Dec 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (.85), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    I'll add that Thompsons Toyota in Placerville is a good place to go too. They've always gone the extra mile. They automatically wash any vehicle that comes in for anything. I've had an oil change take too long where they walk out, hand me the keys, apologize, and tell me it's on them. They even price matched Costco when I got my BFG AT KO tires (and I think learned their lesson in that they lost money or didn't make much on that deal). But still, their good service shows. Their car-buying experience is just as good as their service dept, and their parts guys know their stuff. After all, how many could walk in years ago and say they wanted a locking gas cap when it's not even in the parts books, yet they knew off the top of their head which kind the Taco used and which other models were using the same one. And they frequently give me the part at their cost instead of the 10% off card I have. I've referred several people to them and they've all had good experiences.

3. Dec 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Honda Civic (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    Toyota of El Cajon hasn't done me wrong yet, bought the wife's camry there last year and the tact there this year

4. Dec 21, 2010 at 3:26 AM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    jim barkley in asheville nc is another good dealer. they done me right and they got good prices on the detailing supplies and oil ,oil filters etc .

To Top