1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good entry level touch screen?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Icepuck72, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Sep 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    Trent

Trent Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houma, LA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Lexus GX460
    I was going off my manual for the rear USB. Turns out it's one of those stupid manuals that covers several different models at once. The rear USB port is pictured in the manual, but it is NOT on the avh-p3300bt. Sorry for the confusion.

2. Sep 6, 2011 at 6:22 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    A double din isn't like a DSLR, there is no such thing as an entry level. There is high quality with a higher price tag and low quality with a low price and there isnt anything in between that doesn't sacrifice quality for price

3. Sep 6, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    The cable in the front is a drag, but the bluetooth is seemless and it stores all your contact info in the unit so it doesn't have to load it every time you power up. For me, the Bluetooth was the most important feature.

4. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Sep 6, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    OMAC4

OMAC4 avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Obed
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma sr5 access cab
    Once I finish all the currently pending mods I will update this section.
    Yeah this unit fits my 04. and we had a similar Pioneer AVHp2300 i believe in my brothers 05. for the 2nd gens you need a dash kit to replace the oem one.

6. Sep 6, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    OMAC4

OMAC4 avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Obed
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    yeah this thread is very helpful. and also to compare prices with all the others. My thing wasnt necessarily the screen, but to me the 4300 is a lot cleaner looking, its something about the lack of buttons that just works. but the screen is a plus. ;)

7. Sep 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    enjm10

enjm10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2020 White Double Cab
    5% Front strip and doors, 20% wrapped around the rest of the truck.
    I think I will end up going w the 4300 when I get around to it.

8. Sep 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    OMAC4

OMAC4 avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Obed
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    You wont be disgruntled by it at all. You can go on Youtube and they have demo vids that show simple functions of it. Thats what got me. And If you want to be 100% sure, sonic electronix has a section where it asks for your vehicle, and itll tell you whether or not the product fits! and X2 on the customer service provided by them. I called about two weeks ago about an order.. very helpful and friendly.

9. Sep 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    KDogg311

KDogg311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    K H I E M ™
    So Cali 626 ³²³ 818
    Vehicle:
    Gen² Impulse Red Access Cab
    Avid Offroad light bar (Black), Avid Step bar (Black), TRD skid plate (Black), BHLM w/yellow signals, Pioneer Avic-x930bt, OEM fogs w/ yellow H10, Magnaflow muffler, aFe drop in filter, Toyota Neoprene "Tacoma" seat covers, Shorty antenna, Tint, Removed secondary filter, LED interior lights, LED reverse, Bedlinered rear bumper, color match grill, Black emblems, Red rear signals, Bed mat, OEM bike mounts
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Sep 6, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    mr2r6

mr2r6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16 TRDOR 4X4
    I really want to add a back up camera to which every unit I get. How much for a decent camera and any good recommendations?

11. Sep 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    OMAC4

OMAC4 avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Obed
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    You can ask Mcjosh. He's my brother and he got me mine for my truck.

12. Sep 10, 2011 at 4:27 PM
    enjm10

enjm10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2020 White Double Cab
    5% Front strip and doors, 20% wrapped around the rest of the truck.

Sounds good I've dealt w em on one occassion and Nothin but good to say bout em. I just need someone to purchase my stock stereo w blue leds I don't want it to just sit there lol.

13. Sep 14, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    RustyTaco

RustyTaco Ex-wife says "Put a bag over my head, I'm a 10".

Member:
    Florida and Mid-West
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 2.7 + dog
    Aires stainless nerf bars, iPod interface, bed matt, Access Roll-up tonneau, WeatherTech window deflectors, cargo divider. Jack Russell
    I got the iPod interface cable from Toyota when I bought my Taco. I had them run it to the center console storage box. Works as advertised with my 3rd gen iTouch, but using it with the basic CD/AM/FM radio's single line lcd display really sucks. Definitely not worth the cost.

A large multi-line touch screen interface would be great. Do the 3300 or 4300 units provide the same touch screen interface as the iTouch itself? Sorry if this is novice question.

I'm not really interested in blue-tooth, nor GPS, nor video. Is there a cheaper option that would meet my needs?

Products Discussed in

To Top