1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good evening from Boston

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Steve721, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Oct 13, 2016 at 5:29 PM
    Steve721

Steve721 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2009 Speedway Blue, TRD Sport
    It was nice to see a forum for the Toyota Tacoma. I have been looking around and have seen some great ides just in the short time I have seen this site. I have hesitated about joining since I don't have my Tacoma as of yet. The Tacoma has been a wish for me since I first saw them some years ago.
    Back in 1985 I bought a brand new Toyota pick up. It was a base model, 4x4 with no options. It was four cylinder, 5 speed trans, and no power steering. It did have an AM/FM radio though. I drove that truck everywhere and it never let me down. I put over 300,000 miles on it before I was rear ended and it's life was cut short. I had it about 17 years, and in that time I never put a clutch in the truck. When it left me, most of the engine was original. The alternator, water pump, radiator, master cylinder and so forth. I always swore I would get another one. But, life is funny. Family came, as well as a mortgage. Cut backs at work. Kids needing braces and other things more important than a pick up. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't give up any of those things, but I still wanted my pick up.
    Well, as time moved on, we had to move north to help my in-laws. We sold the house, and I got a new job that pays pretty well, and the family is adjusting fine. Now, for the first time in a long while, I am in a position to get my Tacoma. This pick up will have to be different than my 85 though. I now need a 4 door model,(to help tote the family around) and it has to be an automatic.(My wife can't drive a stick) As I am a bit older, I think it is time for some creature comforts. A/C would be nice. As I have noticed, they all come pretty much loaded. At least in comfort. I'm still on the fence about the off road model, or the sport. This summer, I saw a TX Pro model. I really like that one. We will see what is available and in decent shape for what I can spend. I wish I could buy a brand new one again, but that doesn't seem possible.
    Well, I need to go. Thanks again for allowing me to join this forum. I look forward to reading more about the Tacoma and learning from everyone's experiences in owning there's.

2. Oct 13, 2016 at 5:33 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    Welcome to TW :wave:

THROTTLE231 and ODNAREM like this.
  3. Oct 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
  4. Oct 16, 2016 at 6:24 PM
    jackkpecoraa18

jackkpecoraa18 I like to party.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Bradford, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver Lifted Regular Cab
    Lotsa shit.
    welcome!

THROTTLE231 likes this.
  5. Oct 17, 2016 at 10:43 AM
    THROTTLE231

THROTTLE231 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    High Dez,Comifornia
    Vehicle:
    2011MGMDCSB6MT With Not So So Cool Shit...
    I LIKE BEER....
    Welcome from Cali...:cheers:

6. Oct 17, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Welcome from Nevada! Great first post.

7. Oct 19, 2016 at 7:31 AM
    DollarTacos

DollarTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    LongIsland, NY
    Vehicle:
    11 Taco
    RCD Lift, fog light anytimemod, N-Fab rock sliderz, rockstars, putco LED dome light kit, blackuot front lip, 30" Riged LED, Rigid SR-Q2 aux backup lights
    Welcome from New York!

8. Oct 19, 2016 at 5:56 PM
    tomatosouptaco

tomatosouptaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimm
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DBCB - inferno
    Steve,
    Welcome. Not many of us Boston guys here. I feel like we have a few things in common (except I got the hand me down Ranger and my brother got the 97 Tacoma that lasted 300k). I've been dreaming of the truck since I got out of the city and cut my commute from 100RT to 18rt.
    Just picked up a 17DC-OR. Needed AT for wife and 4dr for kids. I'm loving every minute of it. There is tons of info on this site, I'm having fun reading all upgrades and mod out there.

9. Oct 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    There's plenty of guys out in Boston, seeing that you just joined Saturday you should look around the site a bit.
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/north-east.38/

Watch that bank account.

Products Discussed in

To Top