1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GOOD FOR NOTHIN 2WD SPORT MINIVAN SILVER SLEEPER BUILD

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by TommyG, May 24, 2016.

1. Aug 6, 2020 at 12:16 PM
    prone2xl

prone2xl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2008 Silver TRD Sport DC
    Hey @TommyG can you give me some details on the bumper you have. I know it's the BAMF one but is it the Steel Front bumper, or the Hybrid steel front bumper? also did you get your lights from them with the bumper or did you order them separately ? he doesn't have any pictures of the no hoop or low hoop options on the order page so that's been holding me up from ordering. also for the fog mounts do those square cutouts come standard? on all the pics it says the outside ones were custom ordered for customer and do not come that way. sorry for the questions but there's just limited info on their page.. thanks!

2. Aug 8, 2020 at 8:14 AM
    TommyG

TommyG [OP] Around

Member:
    First Name:
    Grouch
    MELTING POT
    Vehicle:
    21 MAX
    No mods
    Yes it’s a BAMF standard steel flat top. I ordered it without the BAMF logo. Everything is standard including the square fog cutouts and the light bar cutout. I did not purchase my lights through BAMF.
    The website is definitely lacking in info. I think the custom one you were referring to on the website had extra cutouts for lights. You can have custom mods done to the bumper but it adds weeks or months to your wait time. I got mine in 3 weeks. It was a positive purchase experience. It fits unbelievably well. My rear ATH bumper fits like complete shit!! The BAMF bumper gets a lot of attention and positive comments.

3. Aug 8, 2020 at 1:22 PM
    prone2xl

prone2xl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2008 Silver TRD Sport DC
    @TommyG yeah man that thing is sexy AF! lol yeah i'm new to the bumper game.. my damn truck has been in the body shop for 7 weeks now... I can't believe it! I could have gotten by those lead times by now but they have strung me along.. oh well i'll just order it up and wait on it to come in. and keep my standard one for a backup when it does. did u powder coat or rattle can it yourself it looks like ?

also man on your raptor light mod thingy I saw where u made mounts for it. I was considering just getting one of those homertaco grilles but that thing is so damn expensive was gonna try and do the 2011 grille with mod like u did as the honeycomb seems like it would provide better mounting. u didn't have to dremel anything out did u for the holes ?

4. Aug 9, 2020 at 7:48 AM
    TommyG

TommyG [OP] Around

Member:
    First Name:
    Grouch
    MELTING POT
    Vehicle:
    21 MAX
    No mods
    Bumpers are powder coated. The raptor lights I used bolted right up to the grill with no cutting or drilling.

5. Aug 20, 2020 at 4:22 PM
    TommyG

TommyG [OP] Around

Member:
    First Name:
    Grouch
    MELTING POT
    Vehicle:
    21 MAX
    No mods
  6. Feb 1, 2021 at 7:29 PM
    TommyG

TommyG [OP] Around

Member:
    First Name:
    Grouch
    MELTING POT
    Vehicle:
    21 MAX
    No mods
    I DID SOMETHING!

The kids are getting bigger, they have more and bigger stuff, we need more cab space, I need more bed space.... you see were this is going right.

I decided this was a good year to grab a tundra before the big revamp in 22, kinda like the 15 Taco. But this will be the last of the million mile I force 5.7.
    With the ECUs at 40% production and the Texas plant being shut down, most dealers have 0 tundras on the lot. They are very hard to find in certain trims. I new I was going to have to be patient. No dealers including my trusted one would take a order for one. They could find one to trade another dealer only hence major up charge.
    Most my family are in AZ so I’ve been searching 3 states for the color and trim I wanted. I found only 2 both within 70 miles. One was 2wd the other 4x4 but exact same otherwise. I’ve never owned a 4x4, all 6 trucks I have owned were 2wd. I decided I would try for the 4x4, drove 60 miles to try to grab it and it had a bunch of scratches where they tried to change the badges and other areas. On top of that they would not honor the online price so I walked. They wanted 8k over sticker.
    I waited another week And decided to go check out the 2wd 65 miles away. The thing is I’m not sure if I will use 4x4 and with the last year of these I might not find another one. I decided to go to the table and they gave me a great deal, I’m happy with my choice!!

I’ve tried talking the wife into keeping the Taco but she is not having me have 2 trucks. Luckily it went to a very good family friend just a few miles away.

I miss the Taco already, it’s like driving a toy compared to the new beast.

Thank you everyone that helped me make this the perfect Tacoma for my needs!!
    You all know who you are!!
    I’ll still be around here!
    Hit me up on Tundras @teegee.

:worthless:

dirtnsmores, ChadsPride and BLKTRUCK like this.
  7. Feb 1, 2021 at 7:32 PM
    TommyG

TommyG [OP] Around

Member:
    First Name:
    Grouch
    MELTING POT
    Vehicle:
    21 MAX
    No mods
    Already got a bak flip, tint, Toyo At3s, leds, floor liners, mud flap delete, tundra badge delete, and some more shit on the way!!!!

ChadsPride and BLKTRUCK like this.
  8. Feb 2, 2021 at 4:46 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Oh dang brother dang!!! She's a real beautiful ride, can't wait to see what you make her become!

TommyG[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Feb 6, 2021 at 3:27 PM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Happy Bday!!! :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top