1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good head unit for under $500???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by matt45648, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jul 22, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    matt45648

matt45648 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looking for a double din with:
    Dvd
    Gps
    Bluetooth

I dont wanna hafta buy things to add to it. I want to be able to put it in with these features. I know its a lot to ask for so little cash, but anyone know of one? Thanks

2. Jul 22, 2009 at 2:45 PM
    Reznor88

Reznor88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner DC Off Road
  3. Jul 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Might be able to pick up a used Avic-D3. You can find some double dins for that price but usually won't have GPS. I paid $600 for my D3 last year shortly before it was discontinued. Had to add BT though.

4. Jul 22, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    Dominican1NYC

Dominican1NYC Mr. Wonderful

Member:
    Fort Stewart, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DC Prerunner Pyrite Mica
    20" Enkei WT4's, BHLM FXR Retrofits, Thin lip Satoshi Grill, Kenwood DNX-5120 HU w/Bluetooth, Alpine Type-S Components Front & Alpine Type-S Coaxials Rear powered by a Kenwood KAC-X40, 2 Alpine Type-S Subs powered by a Alpine MRP-650, Weathertech Liners, Tacoma Bed Mat, Undercover Tonneau, Dynomax Super-Turbo Muffler, Tacoma Door Sills & Plasti-Dipped Emblems.
    I agree with Reznor88, I also have a DNX-5120. I payed $600 for it last year through eBay brand new with a year warranty & I love it. I added bluetooth to it & an iPod cable, the Garmin GPS is excellent & it's pretty easy to use & configure. If you can get one for $487 shipped then that's a great deal, good luck.

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jul 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    that is a good deal... if i had the extra cash right now i'd do that. I hate the unit i have.. Anyone wanna buy it??

[​IMG]

6. Jul 22, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    wasnt there a version of this stereo without the GPS unit..?

7. Jul 23, 2009 at 2:46 AM
    Dominican1NYC

Dominican1NYC Mr. Wonderful

Member:
    Fort Stewart, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DC Prerunner Pyrite Mica
    20" Enkei WT4's, BHLM FXR Retrofits, Thin lip Satoshi Grill, Kenwood DNX-5120 HU w/Bluetooth, Alpine Type-S Components Front & Alpine Type-S Coaxials Rear powered by a Kenwood KAC-X40, 2 Alpine Type-S Subs powered by a Alpine MRP-650, Weathertech Liners, Tacoma Bed Mat, Undercover Tonneau, Dynomax Super-Turbo Muffler, Tacoma Door Sills & Plasti-Dipped Emblems.
    Yes, the DDX-512 was the 2008 system for 2009 they have the DNX-5140 and DDX-514, they're pretty much identical though.

8. Jul 23, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    btacoma

btacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 trd offroad
    Pro grille Raptor lights Interior mods
    dnx 5140 has gps and bluetooth ready, ddx514 gps ready and bluetoth ready, dnx6140 has gps and bluetooth

9. Jul 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    If you go drive around on the right side of town I'm sure you could get good head for $5.

10. Jul 23, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    I have a pioneer Avic F900bt, I love it. It does bluetooth for my phone and supposedly bluetooth streaming music (with this new update), gps works pretty good when you get the options set up and the sound is pretty good (reception is shit for FM)some people have had bad experiences with it but im sure it's like that with any brand. They just put out the X series, which is about the same as the F series, with updates.
    either way I would spend as much as I could afford and not settle for a unit that doesnt have all the options I wanted.
    And check the stereo section here, there is a complete write up on installs.
    www.crutchfield.com is also a great place to buy, they throw in install kits for free and very good instructions.
    www.*********.com is also good for instructions and speaker adapters.

oh and use some dynamat or sound deadening material, it makes a HUGE difference. you don't have to cover the whole area, just a little to take the tin can sound out.

good luck

11. Jul 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM
    SubZombie

SubZombie Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo TRD Pro
    I like crutchfield, got my television from them, but I always check Amazon first. Crutchfield is ususally far higher. For example the 5140 is $300 less on amazon right now and their free stuff doesn't come close to that.

Also, a heads up, right now on amazon the 5140 is $100 cheaper than the 5120, but it says they only have 1 left in stock.

Products Discussed in

To Top