1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Reliable Floor Jack for our lifted Tacos?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomtn, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jan 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    So my Craftsman 3.5 ton floor jack seems to be biting the dust. Its hard to get the valve to close and I read that the parts to fix are either hard to get or too expensive.

So, what's a decent jack to lift up a Taco with a 3" lift, preferrably w/o having to use a board for the extra lift, for under about $150? It doesn't have to be a speed jack like for racing that lifts up in 3 pumps. I'm just a weekend mechanic.

2. Jan 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
  3. Jan 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    I actually got the non-low-pro jack harbor freight sells, it lifts like 19.5 inches 21 inches or something, in any case enough to get my truck completely off the ground in the front with droop on my UCAs and extended coilvers, and it's worked fine for me.

4. Jan 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4wd
    Total Chaos UCA with Fox 2.5 RR coilovers, OME Dakars with Fox 2.0s on the rear, BFG KM2 on KMC Enduro's, All-Pro Hybrid Bumper, SDTruckShopRock Sliders, Warn 9.5XP winch, LightForce 170s, Leer 100XR, and ATO Hi-Lift Mount.
    OP where you riding in you avatar pic?

FWIW I use a Harbor Freight alum jack. If I need to get higher I use a piece of wood. Someone stole my old Napa Lowrider jack out of my garage, which was a really sick jack. Would get under my Lotus and still be able to jack up my old Yota on 35's.

5. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    DIVERMAN

DIVERMAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4x4 TRD O/R SWB
    Tailgate theft prevention, Locking rear window, Blind spot mirrors, Fogs on anytime, Rear diff breather relocated, Bed storage locks, LEDs in/out, Relocated trailer plug(custom!), OEM bed mat, OEM running boards, OEM bed divider, Bed lights, Rev lights, Raptor lights, WeatherTech floor mats and window vents, Extra D-rings, ImMrYo Bracket, UWS low pro black toolbox, Carhartt seat covers,
    i bought a 3ton from harbor freight. normally around 100.00 with coupon it was 60.00.

6. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
To Top