1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Samaritan Thread (why Tacoma folks rock)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by acdronin, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Nov 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    My 7 & 4 yr old boys have picked up the door holding habit from me. It's great seeing the reaction of adults having a kid hold the door for them.

2. Nov 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    After a loooong shuttle drive learned my driver was a former marine who got out and was working 3 jobs to pay for his wife/kids.
    Told him about a better job opprotunity then all 3 of his jobs combined and left him a tip big enough for a nice dinner.

3. Nov 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    We are doing the correct things here people. Help your fellow man. I took my neighbor in for a blood test today. She is old. It was my day off. It's nice to be human once in a while.

4. Nov 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
  5. Nov 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    TacoRun

TacoRun Subd for later..

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Edinburg,Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD off road, Magnetic Gray
    Pop Lock, Ranch Hand brush guard
    Here is my story.

So I pulled into a truck stop south of Dallas that had a Churches Chicken inside for dinner one night. As I'm driving in I see a tour bus parking getting ready to let people off to get down and eat. I start to think crap I better hurry up because those people are going to take their sweet ass time and I'm starving and running late. So just as I predicted there's already a long line to order. Then i start to notice these are all Mexicans headed back south and most don't speak or understand English much less how to order a combo. And just their luck the cashier has no clue on what they are saying. So I jump in and start translating for them and explaining the combos ect ect. I must have helped 20 families to order exactly what they wanted. So its my turn to order my dinner and guess what....they ran out of chicken! Everyone can see what just happened and I just walk away empty handed to the restroom realizing I'm going to have to eat some nasty hot dogs or something else. When I walk out of the restroom one of the families tell me ...in Spanish...hey you come sit and eat with us. I say no thanks I'm ok and continue walking when I see them all at the tables with an empty chair for me to sit and a paper plate full of chicken that they had all given me. I almost cried. Yup. I got a free meal that night from total strangers thinking I was the one that had done a good deed they turned it right back at me.

6. Nov 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    This thread is a great idea. Hopefully it can encourage people to do good deeds.

I have bought drinks for guys/girls in the military before and I use to cut the grass of my neighbor who has bad knees but he moved about a year ago. The funny thing about that is I tore my miniscus last year and the neighbor that moved in knew I was on crutches and when we had a big snow dump last year he shoveled my driveway. I guess its like they say what goes around comes around.

I am also trying to bring the wave back. I notice here where I live no one waves anymore when you let them in so I wave no matter how far back someone is. I am hoping it rubs off on them. It really is bad here.

7. Nov 10, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    acdronin

acdronin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's cool man, I know some mexican families, man, i'll tell ya, never go to their house with anything more than an empty stomach because you're gonna eat!

8. Nov 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    Yep, me too, I have too many tinted windows between the cab and the shell so I roll down the window and give em the 'waggle'

9. Nov 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Awesome thread... Subbed. :)

10. Nov 10, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    There ya go, yep, teach em young, chivalry ain't dead, it's just on life support

11. Nov 16, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    Well, I got a lost dog back to it's owner today but it possibly cost me my current gig. Long story short, dog comes on to the property i'm working, blond 1yr old lab, tell client's son to keep their dogs inside, client wife comes home, helps with dog, client hubby comes home lets his dogs out, gets into fight with lab, client gets pissed, fires me, client's wife takes lab to the vet for possible bite, dog is chipped so the owners come get him. Hope I get my gig back.

12. Nov 17, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    Morning bump and update, client called and apologized and we're back on (thank god)!

13. Nov 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top