1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Service but not done yet...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chatapuggy1, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Apr 27, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    chatapuggy1

chatapuggy1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    OK, so after battling with Toyota Corporate on the leaf spring and JBL issue and some crappy So Cal dealers, I took the recommendation of some TW members and went to Jeff Wade at Crown Toyota in Ontario. He took care of me no questions asked just like the TW members said he would, ordered the parts and I took it in today for the work.

Around 430pm I called since I didn't hear from him and went and checked and came back and told me the tech replaced all of the shocks and leafs and that they would have to keep it overnight to remove those additional parts (since the warranty did not cover them for 09' DC TRD Off Road). I got a rental to go home in which is fine with me but he told me they would make sure and do the 2 wheel alignment, I said no 4 wheel and he said its 2 wheel on that truck. Is this right? They took off all my parts and now they are only doing a 2 wheel alignment.

Anybody chime in on this one so I can go back with some ammo and get the 4 wheel if need be?

2. Apr 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    There is no alignment adj to do in the back 2 wheels. All the adj for Tacomas is in the front for caster, camber, and toe. There is nothing wrong with him saying that. The rear is a solid axle located with leaf spring packs and shocks, no control arms with adjusters.

3. Apr 27, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    chatapuggy1

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Cool thanks, just mad that they made a mistake and they are putting the old stuff back on and looking at the TSB, I see ground clearance points and mentions of front and rear alignment procedures. I of course told him they could keep the new stuff on and it would be cool, but he said they couldn't, as they would get in trouble.

4. Apr 27, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    WOW. I can't believe they fucked that up. The TSB is clearly written out for what to order for the different model years and TRD packages. I know b/c I've done many at my dealer.

5. Apr 27, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    chatapuggy1

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I was shocked too, service guy was really cool, took it for 4 hours, said yup you got the issues and I told him call me when parts came in (JBL took a week) and after I didn't hear from him today after lunch, I called to check up on status and he said the tech was on the floor and had all new shocks up on the vehicle.

I am super pissed right now about it because I hate people touching my stuff so its even hard for me to let them do it, I even said no wash, and I picture this pissed off tech who's like gonna get yelled at and just put the crappy stuff back on my car, and may even miss a bump stop on the shock or a nut or something.

So now, once I get it home, I will have to get up under it and double check everything....

Yeah I saw the TSB too, in RED
    NOTE
    The 2009 – 2010 model year non-TRD Option Package Truck is already equipped with updated
    shock absorbers and bump stops. Do NOT replace the shock absorbers or bump stops.

To Top