1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good side by side 12 guage

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by tacoman101, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Dec 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    TacoBow

TacoBow Intentionally cosmetically correct.

Member:
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Quad LB
    Excuse me for not taking the time to hit the Remington home page... I didn't think the Marine variety came with walnut. Especially with that much character. Either way, that be real nice stuff there Ash. :thumbsup:

2. Dec 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Over and Unders FTW!!!

They're like a DRUG for me!!! :D

3. Dec 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM
    ASH

ASH Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    SnugTop Rebel Shell, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, Rear TSB, BFG A/T KO 265/75/16, Tranny TSB, WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Debadged (Sides), Black Badges (Tailgate), Avid Off Road Sliders, TRD Shoulder Pads, Factory Color-Matched Grille w/Blacked-Out Emblem
    You are correct and thanks for the kind words. The Marine Magnum comes standard with a synthetic stock and forend.

I actually had it outfitted like this until this past summer when I decided to put the walnut furniture on:
    [​IMG]

4. Dec 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    TacoBow

TacoBow Intentionally cosmetically correct.

Member:
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Quad LB
    Ah yes, a recoil reducing stock? At least it appears to be of that design. Was it Knox that made those? Expensive unit, as is the pump / light forend combo.

I fired a shotty outfitted with a CAR15 style spring loaded - recoil tamer stock about a year back. Heavy turkey loads from those high velocity 3 and 1/2 inc shells were down right BRUTAL! The stock helped a great deal, but the check weld often put the shooter in line with the slip joint of the collapsing stock. This often resulted in a pinched check upon the recoil absorption cycle. Not good. The stock worked well, but knowing you were about to get a bruised face didn't set well after the first shot rang out.

The gun was not mine and I understand after shooting it why my hunting buddy removed same. LOL.

I do much prefer the look of the walnut against that satin. Your stock set has very nice features, not too subtle and visible grain as well. Again, I really like what you've done there! Good job. :)

5. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:15 PM
    ASH

ASH Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    SnugTop Rebel Shell, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, Rear TSB, BFG A/T KO 265/75/16, Tranny TSB, WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Debadged (Sides), Black Badges (Tailgate), Avid Off Road Sliders, TRD Shoulder Pads, Factory Color-Matched Grille w/Blacked-Out Emblem
    Yeah, that's a Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing stock. It really did tame full power slugs and I made an effort not to place my cheek too close to the stock to avoid getting slapped.

I much prefer my shotguns outfitted in wood furniture now. Something about it really compliments those classic lines...

Products Discussed in

To Top