1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Texas stealership

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by texastonka, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jan 5, 2011 at 5:44 AM
    texastonka

texastonka [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    New. Stock. 2013.
    I am looking for a good dealership referral here in Texas. I live in Austin, but will commute for a good deal. If you can help let me know!

Thanks!!

Looking to get a 4dr Taco TRD longbed white or silver :)

2. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:29 AM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    I don't know of any good particular dealership, however I purchased mine at the Don Mcgill Toyota in katy and from what I've heard and talked to others, is that you want to talk to the internet fleet manager. They can get you a good deal.

3. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:54 AM
    dfwtaco101

dfwtaco101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    dfw
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 trdsport
    3" lift with addicts wheels
    check out toyota of dallas TOD if you really want a deal i know the genral manger there check your PM.:)

4. Jan 5, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    I live here in Austin and I deal with Round Rock Toyota service they seam to be pretty helpful. I like that dealership alot.

5. Jan 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16
    I bought mine from Texas Toyota of Grapevine. I really liked them. I would have continued to get my services done there but i moved east. Hoover Toyota here I come...

6. Jan 5, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    I bought mine and my wife's from Toyota of Dallas, really liked working with them. If and when we are ready again, I would go back there. Since we have moved, I deal with Toyota of Grapevine for a lot of maintenace things, I don't have any complaints other than it takes a while for maintenance. I used to be in and out of Toyota of Dallas (seems like they had a bigger shop or something). Other than that, haven't boughtt a vehicle from Grapevine, but nice to do business with.

I will say don't go to Toyota of Richardson, I went there before getting ours and did not like the guys, seemed like dicks.

7. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16
    I would not recommend the Toyota in Hurst. I forget the name but I went there one time to get something checked. They didnt even come up to me and try to help me. I was sitting in my truck for 5mins before a guy finally got with me. But at Grapevine the second I pull up they are there greeting you and getting what you need.

8. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:41 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    I got a really good deal on mine from Jeff Hunter in Waco. My dad bought his tundra pretty reasonable around austin, ill ask him.

9. Jan 5, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    texastonka

texastonka [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    New. Stock. 2013.
    thanks for all the help!

10. Jan 5, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    dfwtaco101

dfwtaco101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    dfw
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 trdsport
    3" lift with addicts wheels
    good luck Bro... make sure you buy what you want don't let them talk you in to buying something you dont want later.....:cool:

11. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    paidfor

paidfor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR 4x4
    Hidden GPS tracking system. Backflip cover, weather techs, bed mat, tailgate lock, OME 885 springs, blistein shocks, 2.5 in AAL/
    My family has bought 3 NEW Toyota's from Round Rock Toyota. Do your research before you get there and only buy what you want,,, nothing more. I suggest not doing any trades.

12. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    Viper remote start alarm 2.5" Spacer in front, 1.5" spacer in rear, rear TSB performed N-Fab Nerf bars 16" x 8" Vision Warrior wheels 265/75/16 Dura Trac tires
    Go to Don Mcgill and ask for the fleet manager Ken Westbrook. My wife and I have bought 4 vehicles from him. My wife and I have been in NC for four years but my wife and I were born and raised in Houston. Tell Ken Richard and Maria sent you, he will hook you up.

13. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    Viper remote start alarm 2.5" Spacer in front, 1.5" spacer in rear, rear TSB performed N-Fab Nerf bars 16" x 8" Vision Warrior wheels 265/75/16 Dura Trac tires
    I agree with that, in my previous post in mentioned Don McGill, they did a search and found me a Black Double cab 4wd with the TRD package the first year they came out. They made some kind of trade from a dealer in Louisiana that had the truck I was looking for. They will go the distance to make you happy. My only trouble I have ever is when you go to the back to finance those guys are dicks, they try to hard sell you everything from Lojack to extended warranty.

14. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:28 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed Well-Known Member

Member:
    You should really do some research before buying. The dealership in particular really doesn't make that big of a difference. Your education about what you are planning to purchase does. Know exactly what the truck is worth. Know what kind of rebates Toyota is offering currently. Get financing secured before visiting the first dealership. You will get a much better rate and deal with financing already set. Otherwise they're working for a "monthly payment" and you're working for an "overall figure". Sure they can get you to $400 a month for 7 years at 10% interest, and manipulate the figures as they please to make it sound like you're getting a good deal. Meanwhile if you get financing at your local bank or credit union, you're basically buying the truck cash as far as they're concerned, and it gets rid of a lot of the "gray area". Sure they can "show" you $5000 for your trade on paper, but after financing is figured, other numbers are hidden, they're in reality sucking you out of 2000 and only actually paying 3k for your trade. Little tricks like that pay the salesman well, and the customer leaves with a warm and fuzzy, while unknowingly not getting a bad deal, but nowhere as good of a deal as they thought.

Plus having financing already set shows that you want the truck, and are ready to buy, right now. This is more motivation for them to move a vehicle, right now. So they will bend a bit further than normal. And if they won't sell it for what you're willing to pay, then don't think twice about getting up and leaving and going somewhere else. I would recommend this anyways. The customers that get the best deals have already dealt with 3 or 4 dealerships over the phone or through internet. Just tell them you're ready to buy "right now" and what is their bottom price on the truck you want. Then call another dealer and ask the same thing, tell them "this dealer would sell me the same exact truck for XXX" and they'll beat that price. Run this around a few different dealers, even call the same ones back again with counter offers from other dealers and play them against each other. I've seen several people save thousands of dollars without stepping foot out of their house, before they even show up to the lot and test drive the vehicle.

To Top