1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good towing products

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by mgolland45, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Aug 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    mgolland45

mgolland45 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD
    wheels, bed cubby locks, satoshi, stereo
    was wondering if anyone had good towing soltions that have made towing your scoot easier.

I recently icked up some extenders from Vehicle Systems that hold your tailgate at 45 degrees, it's perfect for holding a dirtbike in a 6 ft bed. Nothing bounces out, and they are tiny. Ive also tried motogate but wasnt a fan. I was considering getting a cinchitdown.

thoughts?

2. Aug 24, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    First of all, was is a scoot? R U talking about a scooter or an actual motorcycle of some kind?

Second, what R U trying to accomplish? Ways to hold down the bike in the bed? I put my bike all the way to one side, and slide the rear tire to the opposite side. That way I'm able to put up the tailgate and nothing will come out. I attach the tie straps to the stock side rails. If you don't trust them you can install some floor mounted hooks to the bed.

3. Aug 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    mgolland45

mgolland45 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD
    wheels, bed cubby locks, satoshi, stereo
    scoot is sometimes used as a term for a dirtbike. I frequently have to fit 3 bikes into my truck and if people have heard of things that work well in general with towing bikes i thought it would be good to know.

4. Aug 24, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    Sport11

Sport11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kingsport, TN
    Vehicle:
    Dodge Ram 1500
    If you are talking about putting them in the bed, put two bikes on the outside facing toward the cab and one bike in the middle facing toward the tailgate. Get six straps and use two straps per bike on the handlebars. You can always use another strap to secure everything else. The bikes will probably stick over too far to be able to close the tailgate to 45. Another option would be to get the bed extender. Not sure if it would work though.

5. Sep 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    TurboYota

TurboYota Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4
    I use a trailer hitch carrier most of the time. It took some getting used to, but it leaves the bed free for another bike, gas, tools, gear ect.

To Top