1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Goodbye DDM, hello Morimoto?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Ez2typethis, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Apr 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    Ez2typethis

Ez2typethis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD sport 4x4 TRD S/C, TRD Cat back
    My 2010 4x4 TRD sport: Bilstein 5100's in the front set at 1.5" to level, TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat back, TRS retrofit, Satoshi grill, Redlinetuning hood struts, Socked
    Just looking for some advice with my headlights right now, I was turned onto a website called DDMtuning a while back for HID headlights, i got the 55w 6000k headlight kit hi/lo kit... well the problem now is that i've installed billy 5100's and raised the front a bit. I adjusted them down so i'm not blinding people too bad, but i know i still am... but when i get on a dark road, i can barely see w/o the high beams on... I've been running these headlights for about 9 months now and i definitely want to get this shit taken care of... i would like to do an HID kit that doesnt involve doing any permanent mods to my headlights. is this the kit that does that?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=237

Also i'm kind of scared to split my headlights because my truck is so new. i guess i'm just afraid i'll get moisture in them or some sort of fogging...

Well i ended up buying some parts off of theretrofitsource.com

I bought some 2.5" clear FX-R lenses
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=134

thinking i might still be able to salvage the DDMtuning HID kit i have already and i also bought some gatling shrouds... well i think if get the kit linked above, i can exclude or subtract the shrouds since i alrdy have some... but i might have to return the lenses i bought... any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also what is CCFL angel eyes?

[​IMG]

2. Apr 24, 2011 at 12:32 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    Delray Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2007 Infiniti G35S
    Go for the Morimoto minis. The clear lenses aren't really necessary. They're mainly for looks.

3. May 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    Ez2typethis

Ez2typethis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD sport 4x4 TRD S/C, TRD Cat back
    My 2010 4x4 TRD sport: Bilstein 5100's in the front set at 1.5" to level, TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat back, TRS retrofit, Satoshi grill, Redlinetuning hood struts, Socked

thanks! returned the items shown above for credit towards a full morimoto retro kit.

To Top