1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Goodbye Unchained 5150 (RIP Rick)

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Unchained 5150, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Apr 9, 2022 at 11:01 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    there he is :wave:

:humble::D

where did he touch you :anonymous:?

Eek, to soon. For real though- I think he want us to smile some for him. Was good people

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    Lord Helmet, JennJenn, Pchop and 12 others like this.
  2. Apr 9, 2022 at 11:21 AM
    GHOST SHIP

GHOST SHIP hates you.

Member:
    First Name:
    GHOST
    Glad to see you back Scott!
    :wave:

3. Apr 9, 2022 at 11:28 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    Rick would hope we'd be celebrating this time with jokes. It's great medicine for our souls to make sure we do what he'd want Scott. I'm with you. I'd follow anyone with 4 posts anywhere Brother.
    :fistbump:

4. Apr 9, 2022 at 11:32 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    :rofl: Scott gotz me :thumbsup:

lynyrd3 and scottalot like this.
  5. Apr 10, 2022 at 3:04 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    :)
    I’m just :spy: these days
    amen!
    :laugh: low count is where it’s at

6. Apr 10, 2022 at 5:50 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    That's ok, some of us know the truth. :bowdown:

DrFunker and scottalot like this.
  7. Apr 10, 2022 at 10:50 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    :fistbump:

Lord Helmet, RobP62 and emelianenkov like this.
  8. Apr 11, 2022 at 8:20 AM
    Greg.Brakes.Tacos

Greg.Brakes.Tacos Don't Feed the Animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Between Richmond and Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2017 Taco DCSB TRD off road
    wanna be mods
    I am so sorry to hear about Rick's passing and want to express my condolences, and apologies for not finding out until now. Rick was always responsive and provided some great insights, perspectives and will be missed.

9. Apr 11, 2022 at 3:14 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    @Unchained 5150

I just wanted you to see that another part of Rick's lives on. I got his over the Softopper rack! My new bike is right up his alley too!!!

Woodylz, gsubioguy, pmstoy10 and 36 others like this.
  10. Apr 12, 2022 at 10:27 AM
    Old Marine Cal

Old Marine Cal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DBLCAB
    Yesterday i jump in my truck and grab the Icon shifter knob and it hit me. Rick has sent me his old TRD knob form his second gen. and I passed it on later when I went to update the look to an Icon, which I blacked out. Rick told me he would send me his old Icon. Instead he ordered me anew one and sent it to me. Still playing with his knob daily......................That is all

11. Apr 12, 2022 at 11:28 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    I was actually thinking, instead of just giving our condolences maybe we could or should write the ways the Rick touched us individually.

My story is;
    I have the Icon shift knob that I also had given to me from Rick. He had posted it up for free and sent it to me. A while later, we were at a meet together and he noticed my rear panel on my softopper was so scratched up you couldn't even see through it. That night I got a PM from Rick asking me for my address. I told him NO don't you do it! His response was "you know I have your address in a PM don't make me look for it!" A few days later I had a new rear panel for my topper sent to me by him. The last time I personally saw him I was buying my traction mats from him. Of course he was trying to give stuff to me that wasn't included in the deal. I actually had to mention to him to stop and that I still owed him some drinks for the topper panel he had gotten for me.

Going back to the 1st time I met him was at a meet in a Walmart parking lot. We didn't talk much but he had said to me "when I get rid of my truck I don't know what I'll get next". I said "get rid of it? It's almost brand new" he said "you don't know me, I never keep a vehicle for more than a couple of years and I never get the same vehicle twice!" Well he kept his second gen for something like 5 years and he traded it in for a 3rd gen. The Taco bug had hit Rick hard! Lol

RIP Rick. You are sorely missed!

If you have a story about Rick please tell it so his family can fully understand his impact to so many of us!

ro002sw, 1slow4.0, RobP62 and 19 others like this.
  12. Apr 12, 2022 at 1:18 PM
    Larry Dangerfield

Larry Dangerfield JUST DO IT

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Cement 2020 Trail Limo off-road
    Stock....for now.
    This becomes more heartbreaking each day. A sudden loss of life is always tragic but it appears that the earth lost a true good soul :(

1slow4.0, RobP62, Z7Xtreme and 5 others like this.
  13. Apr 12, 2022 at 3:12 PM
    patdeezy

patdeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    souLcaL
    Vehicle:
    '19 OR 4x4 SuperWhite DCSB
    That's a great idea. It's because of Rick's effort in setting up the Dirt King UCA GB that I'm running their awesome set up.

This is horrible news, condolences to you and your family. RIP Rick. :(

RobP62, Z7Xtreme, jackn7 and 3 others like this.
  14. Apr 12, 2022 at 4:28 PM
    Hayrider

Hayrider Over the hill & going down fast...

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB & X-cab SOLD for more than new‼️ Now 05 & 07
    Reg Cabs, 5 lug, 5 spd, Magnuson, StopTech’s, Yada Yada Yada…
    God this thread is a LOVE it HATE it tread!
    I Love coming here to see all the good folks here talking about how Rick moved them in someway.
    But then I absolutely Hate coming here because I miss his sense of humor! He made me laugh hysterically so much that I would cry like I’m doing now.
    Guys if you ever get down in the dumps PLEASE reach out to someone, anyone. I wish Rick would have that way he still be making us laugh instead of cry.
    RIP my friend RIP…

ro002sw, 1slow4.0, RobP62 and 9 others like this.
  15. Apr 12, 2022 at 5:15 PM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
    My Rick Story:

As two resident TW squatters both from the north east, him and I regularly came in contact throughout various TW threads tacoma/bicycle/NE related.

We would interact a decent amount. The good the bad and the ugly, just like TW serves it up right lol...???

He would love to spit ball ideas around getting others input, I know everyone here has gotten the random what do you think about this PM from Rick right??

This one time, he called me an ashole, lol that was funny but it killed me he was insulted... that was a good 45 min thread... But all in all we talked it out, and we both apologized for the misunderstanding...

@RobP62 dont sell those wheels

After the ahole wheel confusion incident, It was business as usual. Random PMs back and forth about racks and lifts and lights and colors galore...

I loved how Rick would always jump in and tell someone they didnt have the 50 post min for Buy/Sale threads, but then he would forget to post a price or location or some other technically in his many for sale threads. It was always a great way to rib him a bit, and he always got a good laugh about being called out.

He really was a good sport. Sensitive, as we all are on here... But he is one of the TW locals. And for that, this really hits home. I can see myself in Rick.

he is shredding down on us now

:rockband::bikewheelie2:

RobP62, DrFunker, Z7Xtreme and 11 others like this.
  16. Apr 13, 2022 at 7:36 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    I just combed through my PMs and found a chat Rick and I had back in 2017 when he was selling a super cool tube amp. At the time I was in the process of buying and installing my LT on the FJ, so I had like $.03 to my name. He not only offered to hold on to it for a longggg time, but offered me the NE homie price. I ended up not getting a chance to buy it, I wish I did, but his generosity was unfathomable.

17. Apr 13, 2022 at 9:05 AM
    BadDNA

BadDNA Uh, huh huh... Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eammon
    Cabot, VT
    Vehicle:
    '15 Blue Ribbon Metallic DCLB SR5 4x4
    OME BP-51s, JBA UCAs, Dakar leaf pack, Hammer Hangers, SOS Skids and sliders, Mobtown Tailgate reinforcement, Bussman fuse block, and stuff...
    I met Rick in a roundabout way. I'd bought and installed a heated mirror kit on my truck that's made by @Up2NoGood, and was contacted a few weeks later by Up2NoGood asking me if I'd be willing to help another member, who lived in the next town over do an install on his truck. I agreed and he introduced me to Rick. When Rick and I met up to do the install I was blown away by how immaculate his truck was, everything shined. That heated mirror kit was just the first of several projects I'd help Rick with over the years, I feel fortunate to have met, and worked beside him.

18. Apr 14, 2022 at 2:42 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Made one of Ricks posts a quote. One of the many memories I have of Rick. :)

VVVV

19. Apr 15, 2022 at 3:08 PM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    $2024 was sent to Rick's family from the buy sell garage sale thread.

20. Apr 15, 2022 at 3:19 PM
    Taco critter

Taco critter #mall crawler , patw and ,ttc#0247

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Douglassville /oley, pa
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma 4x4 full mall crawler,98 4r ,96 4r ,91 2wd
    Ome 3inch ,rims ,cold air intake ,,4 crawler body lift ,cb in ashtray mod,leds, jet maf,Satoshi grille,led roof bar,yakama roof basket ,smittybilt parts,spare tire mount in hitch ,rago fabrication parts, winch bumper ,winch ,285s on wagon wheels ,traction boards ,hi lift jack,wet oaklies,smittybilt ,bamf bedrack,loads more,TOO MUCH SHIT TO LIST
    Awesome work brother

Z7Xtreme, RobP62, JeffB and 8 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top