1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

goodyear duratracs..or goodyear mtr w/ kevlar?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by iRepLONGBEACH, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Aug 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM
    Umrunner

Umrunner Caltanian

Member:
    Around.
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC OR Timberland Mica. 6 speed.
    Leer 100xr with adventure package, duratrack's, weathertech's, demello sliders, billie 5100's all around, URD short shifter, Diff breather mod. Hiese lightbar. Grillcraft grill. PIAA 520 severere weather driving lights. Other random stuff as well.
    if snow is a factor to you whatsoever, the duratrac is your only real option (unless you choose to sipe the mtr).
    i have seen the mtr in the snow. It works, but not well. But i have seen the old mtr get traction in places it did not deserve to, and if they made the new one the same, then its a very valid option (for all things but snow)
    The mountain snowflake symbol on tires is not something they just hand out, and the duratrac is the only one that carries it of the two.

2. Aug 5, 2011 at 5:48 AM
    Flyfisher22

Flyfisher22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameron
    Indian Trail, NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Off Road Package DC
    None
    I have had both and they are both good tires, $600 is a good price for Duratracs and a great price fro MTR K's. MTR's are white out only, Duratracks are selectable until a certain size then they are white out only as well.

Cam

3. Aug 5, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    iRepLONGBEACH

iRepLONGBEACH [OP] SoCal Reppin

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    10 MgM dcsb TRD Sport
    hows the tire hum inside the cab on the mtr k's? only thing thats holding me back from pulling the trigger on the mtr k's is that 1) duratracs quiet hum during hwy speeds 2) my Taco is my DD, so it see pavement 90% of the time 3) duratracs snow rating on snow/ice which is a +, since i usually go snowboarding every season @ big bear. 4) the option of running the duratracs with OBL instead of OWL.

Products Discussed in

To Top