1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

google maps

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by refron, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Jun 27, 2017 at 7:12 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    9/10 my truck nav gives the exact same route as google or waze. The only thing is doesn't do is take me on some super crazy waze route that shaves a few minutes.

Maybe you guys live in weird places with poor maps. :notsure:

blackrifle76 likes this.
  2. Jun 27, 2017 at 7:58 PM
    Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB MGM
    Lights, Tires, Wheels,...more to come!
    @Joe23
    I typically find myself liking stuff from Enhanced and Anjunabeats. Can't stand when big name DJ's continually promote tracks on their own label, mostly junk. Glad DI.FM don't play the mainstream trends for the most part.

@erok81
    Google has been so awesome. I just stay away from Apple Maps, don't know what nav system its uses. Countless times the traffic never updates, takes me to wrong places, and can't find address on Apple Maps.

Joe23 likes this.
  3. Jun 27, 2017 at 7:59 PM
    Swiftks

Swiftks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR
    Bilstein 6112 (front) Bilstein 5160 (rear) Headstrong Progressive AAL ShiftSense Pro SumoSprings BakFlip F1 Tonneau Cover BAMF Grille aFe intake w/ scoop Custom Exhaust - URD Y-Pipe, Vibrant Ultra Quite Resonator & MagnaFlow Muffler 4Runner TRD Pro 17" Wheels Wrangler DuraTracs - 265/70R-17 Redline Hood Struts OPT7 LED Headlights (Highs & Lows) Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights LED Interior Lights Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners TRD Pro Skid Plate TRD Pro Tail Lights TRD Pro Shift Knob @CBoy808 Custom Bedside Decals FormulaOne Pinnacle Window Tint OEM Tacoma Bed Mat OEM Tacoma All Weather Floor Mats Fumoto Valve Amsoil Fluids

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo... The one other G5 owner on the planet besides myself.

Just curious, if you're on Android Nougat (7.0), do you have a Bluetooth bug, where it'll connect via Bluetooth no problems, for like 10 -12 times, and then it just won't connect.... Have to reset the phone for another 10 - 12 connects, then reset, and so forth and so on???

Didn't ever do this until I upgraded to Nougat a few months back... From my understanding it appears to be a Android 7.0 bug. Just wondering if you're experiencing the same thing by chance?

Thanks.

FYI used to be a mod on XDA (if anyone here knows what that is).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  4. Jun 27, 2017 at 8:12 PM
    Z50king

Z50king DCLBOR4X4FTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Off Road 4x4 Super White
    Stock and loving it
    Download the Entune app and play Pandora with the truck display

5. Jun 27, 2017 at 8:55 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    I will agree with you there. Apple maps kind of suck. One thing I really like about google and toyota nav is it tells you which lane to be in.

My only complaint about the toyota nav is searching for places. Maybe I haven't figured it out yet but you get a list of locations and have no idea which is the closest.

6. Jun 28, 2017 at 3:20 AM
    Joe23

Joe23 Canuckistikian

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-road DCSB
    Anjuna was always great. Even though I prefer the harder stuff still always nice to just relax to

7. Jun 28, 2017 at 5:37 AM
    daddy_o

daddy_o Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bossier City, La
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport, Inferno, w/tech package
    Factory Blackout package, Soft roll up bed cover, Cheap seat covers, Front and rear dash cam, AVS in channel vent visors
    I am up to date and have no issues at all connecting to the Rav4 or my dakota with a Chinese aftermarket unit. I once was a Samsung fanboy until my S4 finally gave up the ghost. I decided to try something new and during the release of the G5 I got a 360 camera and and extra battery w/charging cradle. I am really impressed the G5.

Unfortunately I have not yet purchased a 3rd gen. I come here to learn more about the truck. I can set this up as I said earlier and it works on our 2015 Rav4 and also works well on my Dakota with a Chinese aftermarket stereo. If it does not work like that with the entune premium that is a disappointment. I guess I need to try this out during a test drive.

8. Jun 28, 2017 at 5:44 AM
    cafereef

cafereef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Sport Exahust, OEM roof Rack, Predator Pro side steps.

Products Discussed in

To Top