1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GoPro Deal

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by whippersnapper02, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Nov 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
  2. Nov 16, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    Texio

Texio Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 4WD DBCab SB
    You guys will love this camera! I won one this spring in their "everything we make" giveaway, and it's absolutely great! I have used it kayaking and riding. Great videos, great versatility and endless possibilities to document all the different ways you can make a fool of yourself!... :p

3. Nov 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Yeah, I think I said that in response to someone claiming that Contour didn't have many available mounts. Just like the Contour, though, that adapter is extra. They getcha however they can.

Did it come with your purchase?

4. Nov 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    seriously... what the hizi.. this went soo fast

5. Nov 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Nah it didn't come with it.:( They do stick it to you though. That vibration issue of the quick release mount wasn't something I was expecting. I would rather spend a few more seconds removing a mount than having something that vibrates but releases quickly.

6. Nov 16, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    ^^ Yeah, none of those mounts for any camera are really any good. It's best to just get the adapters and buy aftermarket ones that are more solid. Aside from the headband for the GoPro for a first-person pov I always used better mounts. www.filmtools.com (Burbank) has some.

You mounting it on your truck? Bicycle? ...??...

7. Nov 16, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    What's funny is that they include a rubber thingy that keeps the mount from moving around but only when you buy the Surf edition. WTF?

For now I will use the included suction cup for use in and out my truck and a sticky mount for my helmet and quad. I haven't decided where I'm going to mount it on either though. Most mount it on the side of the helmet or on top. I think videos of that might get a little boring after that. Maybe I'll get a chest mount.

8. Nov 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Just a test. I'm guessing the camera didn't like being mounted to the driver's window. I'm still going ho have to play with the settings until I find where the camera is happy. This video was recorded in default mode with the suction cup mount and open rear cover.

This is me driving like an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTvjPS9vsJQ

9. Nov 17, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    ^^ Like the test video merging & the sound of your truck :D ^^

The tripod mount gives lots of versatility & endless mounting ideas.
    You can attach a standard 1/4" x 20 bolt bolt anywhere.
    We did the kitchen timer on a sled snapping pics & recording video off trail. It gave an interesting time lapsed 360 degree pov.
    Also Russell of Eye of Mine who is out in Cali has great info, custom mounts, and tutorials off his website. He's pretty cool & learned a lot from him.

www.eyeofmine.com

10. Nov 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the link Judy. I may pick up a case for now so I can store my camera since it is just sitting on my computer desk for now.

11. Nov 23, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    I hope everyone is satisfied with the deal I offered. For those that missed out I will offer the deal next year if I go to Sema. The deal will work the same way.

12. Nov 23, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    The camera is freakin awesome!!
    It was a great deal and thank you very much for shipping cross country for me.
    Simon is going to wear it first lol

13. Nov 23, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Anytime Judy. I just wish they discounted the accessories as well but all well. I can't wait for Simon cam.

14. Aug 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    PerfectTekniq

PerfectTekniq I'm undefeated in the UFC.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Super White 4x4 DC SB Sport
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
    1. GoFlight2
    2. PerfectTekniq

15. Aug 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hahahahahaha. You guys are too funny.

16. Aug 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    :spy: ic christian fat hands

17. Aug 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Are you typing with your little girl hands?:D

18. Aug 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
To Top