1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got a DWI...UGH!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 757southpaw, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Apr 17, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    be lucky you did not kill yourself or anyone else being in lock up and strapped for cash would be the least of your worries. I hope you learned from this and use it as a stepping stone to getting your life straight. I have seen the effects of drunk driving and have a cousin 6ft b/c of it.

2. Apr 17, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    drifter379

drifter379 CenTex Honky

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner
    Secondary Air filter mod,Removed running boards,AFE Pro dry filter,sirius satelite radio,relocated horns,sockmonkey decal,EZ change drain plug,color matched grille,grille craft mx, BHLM, Fog light mod, Hellas behind the grille
    What did you blow?
    I have a CDL so my limit is .02. There fore I drink at home.

3. Apr 17, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3

x2. i will admit... ive had a few adult beverages.... who hasnt when they were 20? but... i know how a dui will fuck up lives... its not worth it... even if i had 1 beer... i dont let myself go anywhere. its not worth it

4. Apr 17, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    757southpaw

757southpaw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    07' DC LB TRD Sport 4x4
    BAK BakFlip Tonneau cover, 30% front tinted windows, AVS vent shades, Black Billet Grill,Pop& Lock, secondary air filter removed, Goodyear Duratrac's, Billies @ 2.5" on front, Billies on back w/ 1.5" AAL, Toytec Diff drop, NOKYA Hyper Yellow fog light bulbs, LaminX Weathertechs, Rear diff breather mod, BHLM
    Fellow TW members, I appreciate all the positive and negative responces to my thread and hold nothing against the folks who despise my irrisponsible action. I made a mistake, learned my leason will pay my debt to society b/c that's what good citezens do.

For those who have lost friends and family members from DUI's, I'm truelly sorry for your losses!

For those who asked what I blew, .08 is the VA limit and I blew .11 in the field and .10 in lock up. I do plan on retaining a lawyer but don't have any expectations of getting off easy.

The only advise that I can give is to NOT drink and drive PERIOD Call a cab or a friend, ride your bike or walk to your destination.

5. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    Wolfman

Wolfman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    Did they lower it again? When I got my CDL, it was .04.

6. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  7. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    I know it is hard to believe however you should consider yourself extremely fortunate that you are now simply dealing with the consequences, July 5 of 2004 my sister was returning from tubing down the James river in Va. She was not the DD that day however the DD did not stay sober and being drunk my sister (26 years old) decided that she could drive the three miles to my parents house since she was familiar with the area. That is the last decision my sister ever had the opportunity to make. A mile later she hit a tree, my sister died and left her passenger paralyzed. I am not one to throw stones because I have driven drunk more times than I should have gotten away with however after seeing the devastation this caused on not only myself and family but others I can say it is a senseless and intolerable crime. Best of luck getting your life strait and consider yourself lucky to be alive to take it like a man.

8. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    yup, you're first line said it all.

Money's about to get a lot tighter - most DUI's are in the $5-10,000 range. Better start saving that beer money for the lawyer.

That sucks. I'm sure many of us on here could have gotten one of these (you ever drive after 2 beers? you're drunk -.08 isn't exactly a high number), under the right circumstances. G'luck.

9. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd

good on you for taking the responsibility for your actions. i do not agree with what you have done, but i believe in the fact that if someone can really learn a valuable lesson from a mistake, they should have a second chance.
    my father was an alcoholic (sober 19 years.. quit when i was born) and so was/is a lot of others in my close family. parents tel lme its in my genes, so i keep my alcoholism in check and i do not drink all that often. but something i have learned is that riding a bike while intoxicated is also a bigggg ticket. may even be the same as the one you got.

10. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    desertdude59

desertdude59 CRAZY 4WHEELER

Member:
    From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful W
    Vehicle:
    1991 toyota 4x4 sr5-lost but not forgotten
    4" lift after market front bumper bed mount lightbar/roll bar (4)6" kc's on the roll bar (2) kc flat back bumper mounts f/r gears for the 33's

Cops are always getting drunk guys on bikes!

11. Apr 17, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    why the hell would you make a thread about this... one dumbass mistake after another

12. Apr 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    LawP

LawP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD OR Double Cab
    In my opinion this thread hits home, and I hope that other people feel the same way, because if simply reading this keeps one person from drinking and driving tonight, then mission accomplished.

13. Apr 17, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    well said... in relation to that... i already vollied myself to be dd tonight for a few friends. id rather get my ass out of bed at 2-3 in the morning so i know my friends get their drunk asses home safe and sound without hurting them or anyone else and getting in trouble with the law.

14. Apr 17, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    its no mystery that there are risks associated with driving after drinking... if someone would consider doing it i doubt a thread on TW about someone complaining they can't drive for 7 days is going to effect someone so much that they would decide not to one night after they are already drunk...

now if this was a thread about about how he decided to drive home drunk and hit a kid crossing the street (even though it is also a circumstance repeated many times when talking about DUI's and is not a mystery) maybe it would have more of an effect on someone and i could see your point

but this thread is not that

15. Apr 17, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    not trying to state a point. just simply referring to what lawp said about it keeping a drunk off the road tonight

16. Apr 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC

yeah nothing against you or lawp really... just saying that the only thing dumber than getting a DWI is making a thread about it on a Tacoma enthusiasts forum

17. Apr 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    3volution05

3volution05 Always Lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Lothian, MD
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DC TRD
    WeatherTech, GrillCraft, 6K HID's, TC Uppers, ICON 2.5 Remote Resi front and back. 17" XD Revolvers wrapped in Nitto Trail Grappler 295/70-17's, Diff Drop. Wicked Flow, AllPro Rear Bumper.
    I have sympathy, everyone makes mistakes, yours didn't kill anyone who cares about all the what ifs people have, like what if you would of killed someone, you didnt. I say higher a lawyer, take AA classes ahead of time and maybe a little community service it looks good in court ! Its obvious you will learn from this so Good Luck

18. Apr 17, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    You'll get your license back after your 7 day suspension is up (till your court day), and atleast you won't have jail time. .15 and greater in va is mandatory jail time. You can do the VASAP classes since you are a first offender and you can get a restricted license to go to and from VASAP and work.

What was the reason you were stopped?

19. Apr 17, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Thank you very much. :bowdown:

20. Apr 17, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    757southpaw

757southpaw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    07' DC LB TRD Sport 4x4
    BAK BakFlip Tonneau cover, 30% front tinted windows, AVS vent shades, Black Billet Grill,Pop& Lock, secondary air filter removed, Goodyear Duratrac's, Billies @ 2.5" on front, Billies on back w/ 1.5" AAL, Toytec Diff drop, NOKYA Hyper Yellow fog light bulbs, LaminX Weathertechs, Rear diff breather mod, BHLM

x2

Products Discussed in

To Top