1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got a question...

Discussion in 'ToyTec Lifts' started by Bloodhound, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    the eibachs add 1.6" plus the shock set at .85" = 2.5" the most you would want.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound [OP] Space For Rent

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    East Moline, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD O/R DBL-CAB
    Floor-mats, Running Boards, Shorty Antenna, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, AVS In-Channel VentVisors, Beer cans in the bed

OK, now I got what ColtsTRD was trying to explain to me, thank you again for the clarification. Basically, that set is pretty much fixed at 2.5" of lift with no more up (lift/raise) adjustment and could only go lower. Sounds like I might be better off in the long run with the "base" 5100's and running the ¼" spacer for cost effectiveness.

I got confused when I saw, basically, 2 sets of the same shocks only difference I could spot was the spring and spanner adjustability.

3. SKULLY

SKULLY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB pre runner
    Debadged, BHLM, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Cat Back, Method 301 16X8 w/285/75 BFG T/A KO 2's, King ex C/O's w/RR, King rears w/RR LR UCA's, Dakar leaf packs, Beefed narrow sliders
    The good thing about the spanner adjusted coil over is that you do not have to remove the shock, compress the coil, and move the clip to adjust them. You can fine tune them on the truck... but you have to pay more for that adjustability.

4. ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    sorry pal...I meant spring lol

seems you got it though :)

5. SKULLY

SKULLY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB pre runner
    Debadged, BHLM, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Cat Back, Method 301 16X8 w/285/75 BFG T/A KO 2's, King ex C/O's w/RR, King rears w/RR LR UCA's, Dakar leaf packs, Beefed narrow sliders
    After reading this it sounds kinda retarded. Basically, by using the stock spring set at a higher level instead of a more progressive spring @ 0 or .85, the preload on the spring is not letting the shock get full travel for a bit harsher ride. Better ?!:D

To Top