1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Gangsta With The StealerShip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rizzz818, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    Rizzz818

Rizzz818 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Sylmar
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    BHLM, Black Emblems, Black Grill,3-Inch spacers from Toytec, JBA Exhaust,
    For starters I have an 06 Taco with 80K miles on it. A friend told me that there was a TSB Bulletin that came out back in 2005 regarding the Rear Suspension. Knowing that it was a long shot. I decided to try to get this TSB on my truck.:cool: I called my local dealer and they instructed me that I was way out of warranty. They tried to discourage me and said NO, but if i wanted to go above they instructed me to call Toyota Warranty and take the issue up with them. :mad:I called Toyota warranty and began a whole discussion on how I did not feel safe, and everything I could think of to get this approved. The agent finally gave in and said to take my truck back to the dealer and MAYBE it would get done or MAYBE not. After another intense conversation with my service advisor, he said he would check it out and see what he would be able to do for me. A few hours went by and By the end of the day he said "YOU WERE APPROVED":D So there were going to replace the leafs, install the upgraded ones, new u-bolts and pretty much redo my rear suspension. I did have to leave my truck overnight because they didn't have the parts in stock.. But to end the story, I got a call a few minutes ago, stating the parts had arrived and my truck would be ready for pick up later on this afternoon.. SO thanks to my persistency, I was able to get a new rear suspension ON TOYOTA even though I was 44K miles over the cut off mileage.. Gangsta!!!! :eek:

2. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    godofspeed

godofspeed Washington State.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD OR DC
    Body Armor front bumper Body Armor rear bumper 17x8.5 Method Bead Lock 35x12.50 Camburg LT Fox coilover All Pro 11 pack leaf Fox rear shock with DSC Allpro frame slider Smittybuilt 9500 winch Cobra CB w/firestick antenna. Hi-lift Smittybuilt air compressor
    Good Job. Stealership are hard headed sometimes.

3. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Cool, just make sure you were approved for the entire amount and that they are not just splitting the cost with you. :thumbsup:

4. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    mpleitez

mpleitez Well-Known Member

Member:
    valencia
    Vehicle:
    03 toyota tacoma double cab 4x4
    Rear E-Locker TRD supercharger w/URD 7th injector 3 in. lift (soon) Icon coil overs front (soon) Icon UCA (soon) K&N air intake DT Headers (one day)
    Nice! Good For you Keep it Gansta!!!

5. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Ehhh. More like an annoying little customer. Not gansta. Lol. I was expecting chairs to be thrown. But congrats!

6. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Haha great job!! I just want to know what you said to them because I wish I could get a rear tsb for my truck. Good job! That's gangsta fo sho :D

7. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    cobracomander

cobracomander Well-Known Member

Member:
    haha, I was thinking along the lines of a cinder block through the front window... Good Job none the less. I think its chicken shit that known issues dont get fixed out of warranty.

8. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    so you call them a stealership yet you are basically stealing a rear suspension from them. oh the irony!

9. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...Distinct lack a "gansta"-ness imo...You just complained alot. I'm glad it worked for you tho!!

10. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    More like Bitchy but what ever gets the job done :D I was at apple once and some bitch chick came in with her Iphone all F'ed up. They would not replace the phone because it looked like she ran over it with a truck but after over an hour of bitching they gave her a free replacement....

11. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Maybe I will try that if something ever happens to mine. Lol

12. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    Rizzz818

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Sylmar
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    I bascially whined and complained. I made up tons of excuses. I said my truck sagged alot, that when i went on dirt roads i could Feel the metal hit, it felt as if i had no suspension. I said when i hauled my ATV there was no resistence. TO end it i said i did not feel safe in my own truck and that was not acceptable. And Thats pretty much it... I see your from EP. I used to stay just outside of EP. Spent much time in the Northeast (Dyer @ Hondo Pass):rolleyes:

13. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Better grow some titties too....That shit seems to work for chicks ALOT better than dudes.

14. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I'll just flirt with a girl worker ; )

15. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    I think the key to your story was emphasizing safety (or lack of feeling safe). I think the whole outside of warranty thing is a joke to begin with. The company used parts that weren't effective for the use, regardless of whether it was 5k miles or 100k miles. Good job nonetheless.

16. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI

I'm not sure a guy can pull that kind of bitching off... There were well over 40 other customers in the placed just staring at her the entire time. She was a real piece of work…. But she got a new $600 iphone so good for her I guess :D

The married buys would know this but sometime its easier to just give them what they want rather deal with all the nagging and bitching …..

17. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    Rizzz818

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Sylmar
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    :pTo all of you who say its Bitching.. YOUR RIGHT because thats exactly what i did. And in My situation, it wasnt that hard to do, just a few word phrases and a little attitude and it was a VICTORY. So GUYS can get away with it too:D

18. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    Rizzz818

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Sylmar
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    So So True... I Love Irony!

19. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    Congrats...I have 37k on mine with extended warrt. They still wont' do my TSB, Even after bitching them out.

20. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    Rizzz818

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Sylmar
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    Oh shoot.. Thats sucks.. If your ever out in Cali let me know and i will tell you which dealership i took it too.. ;)I didnt mean to rub it in... i was just trying to share my story.. :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top