1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

got god damn rear-ended

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jefferson, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Man....sorry you got nailed.
    I think I am going to Steel no matter what. Keep the old bumper as a back-up or just outright sell it.

2. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    That sucks man. Sorry you can't make the meet.

3. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:57 AM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    I'll try and see if they will let me keep the bumper. Just came back from the adjuster and the hitch needs replacement, the bumper and because of the hitch, frame damage. The bumper did tap each side of the quarter panels so those might have to be repainted.. and if they do, i'll have to hit sockmonkey up for another set of decals, courtesy of his Allstate. They already tried to give me a “refurbished” bumper.. I said “no, look at my truck, its perfect.. I need new parts, no old parts.” …I wonder fi they will let me keep it.. I mean, it is my part.. and that one is “broken” I bet I could get some $$ off of craigslist for it…

Thanks, sure wish I could make the SD meet.. but I’ll be there next time!

4. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    And, of course I didn’t. But I won’t watch myself for the next time I say it either. =)

5. Jan 7, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I think they were going to try and give me that same bumper, but since I didn't need a hitch (the refurbished one had a hitch with it), it was more expensive than buying a new one.

6. Jan 7, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    Dude, Not meaning to be an ass but they offered a reconditioned bumper and you refused because you said the truck was perfect, yet you said you put a 2 inch dent in your bumper the other week... Looks like they where actually putting better than you where before if you ask me.. They could have found a dented bumper at a salvage yard and put on your truck since that was what you had in the first place..

7. Jan 7, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    and its the insurance company paying the bill... i think after having to give up my truck, my weekend with the SD meet, and having to skip work hours to take care of all this that i usually wouldn't have to; i deserve my 2 inch bumper dent taken care of. ;)

8. Jan 7, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    bass mechanic

bass mechanic Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado springs, colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma Access cab TRD offroad in black
    none
    i bet if it was legal to drive with a large 10 foot long spike at mid windshield level pertruding out the back of a vehicle people would be a little less likely to tailgate and more likely to pay attention to whats directly in front of them!

9. Jan 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    If they don't notice a good sized truck in front of them, I doubt they'd notice a sharp spike pointing at them. And I think it'd be legal if you had a red flag on the tip.

10. Jan 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    in my state its totally legal, how do you think people carry bigger objects in their trucks? as long as you have a red flag during the day or reflector at night on the farthest most point (if extended over 5 ft out of vehicle) its 100% legal

11. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    What's with the number of guys in their tacos being rear ended in San Diego? It's not even raining! Unholycumulus, go tell Allstate you're going to rent a truck through Toyota. Go get a Tacoma and go to the meet! Come on, there's an alternative for you to go and still have fun while everyone drools over the 2009 Tacoma.

12. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    did you whip out your wang and piss on his hood, man?

"oops, I thought your car was a toilet".

13. Jan 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5

OoOoo that’s a damn good idea!! I'm SO gonna try that (honestly)! They already said I’d get a corolla.. and I said I drive a truck, so I’d like a truck.. but we’ll see what they do. If they give me a new Tacoma you better believe I’m gonna be at the meet!!

I did notice the same with all us SD people getting hit.. it’s because people out here are TERRIBLE drivers!! The first time I was down here, driving my moving van (edit: AND towing my 1965 dodge dart with said moving van) in the slow lane, people were behind me, honking and flashing lights.. AT A MOVING VAN! Of course I’m not gonna go 75mph in the slow lane..! I have my LIFE in this thing! I never experienced such driving, and I’m from the Bay Area! You get used to it and it’s actually good for me – I don’t get upset at drivers much anymore. I just know they’re all idiots, and of course I’m brilliant. :D Even when he hit me I wasn’t even mad.. just pissed I’d have to go through this insurance crap all over again!

HAHA I was thinking about it as I always do.. I mean, when do you NOT wanna just whip it out?? BUT, being that the guy came out in army fatigues and a shaved head... I dunno. I think I might loose.. ;) All he woulda been is impressed, naturally. :D

14. Jan 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    We're both in North Park too.

15. Jan 9, 2009 at 8:02 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Sweet! I'm on nile st, come by and say hi!

16. Jan 9, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ha! I live north of University on 32nd Street.

17. Jan 9, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    ah i pass you every day goin to work! i'm "working" right now..

18. Jan 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    I finally get my tacoma back Tomorrow! Sounds like costs are going to be less than the estimate, so they'll give me my truck plus cash! Very excited! I have enjoyed offroading with the 2009 Maxima though.. =D

19. Jan 26, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Man, its been good for me when it comes to $$ but not when it comes to getting hit! So.. i dont know if i should find it or if i should leave it be!!!!

20. Jan 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Got my truck back yesterday! Brand new bumper and a toyota brand hitch! (i had a uhaul class 3 on before, and they felt they had to replace it, sooo they did with toyota parts!) SO i have my uhaul one on craigslist.. any takers?? haha

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/1010552978.html

Theyre $120 new.. so i'll start at $80 and work my way down. I'll post pictures of my reworked tacoma soon if you guys/gals are interested.. and becuase of damage and such, the insurance bill was $2200 to fix everything on the truck! Crazy huh?

Products Discussed in

To Top