1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got hired as an EMT!!!

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by dylandercole, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    Fireguy68

Fireguy68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    A Brown Guy
    Spring Hill, TN
    Vehicle:
    '07 Silver TRD DC Sport 4X4
    Ah yes......I remember mt first patients and nervously trying to ask all the questions in the exact sequence I was taught in school. Now it's "what's wrong"? The ambulance will be here soon...can you walk to the cot with that broken leg if I help ?

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    :woot::bananadance::yay::woot:Congrats Dylan!

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Congrats! I started out doing event first aid too. It's a blast! Just got to make sure you can hear the radio as you oggle the ladies.

Also, I'd suggest driving home from events in uniform. I got stopped several times, and smelling of beer, just after a concert lets out, is a lot less likely to get you a DUI (or even breath-alized) when you're like "Officer, yes I was there. Working, as you can see."

4. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    KnurledNut

KnurledNut Cracker in a Taco

Member:
    Sonova Beach
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner SR5
    Congrats!

Now advance to a Paramedic. Getting your Fire Cert wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I started as a FireMedic in Miami during the mid-80's. Fun stuff especially when the cocaine cowboys started shooting up the city. There's nothing like getting woken up at 2am for a shooting call with 10+ down.

Remember that school/training is never over. Keep going higher. I went on into nursing. Now I practice as a Advanced Nurse Practitioner with specialization in Trauma.

To Top