1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Hit at Gas Station

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lgjhn, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Just get an aftermarket bumper for it.

2. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    samsung

samsung Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    yeah larry the guy quoted me 8 weeks but it took almost 10 weeks but i love the quality and powder coat. if you're installing them yourself, take a look at my pictures.

3. Jul 26, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    One thing when attack by clowns go for the juggler:D

4. Jul 26, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    When my truck was new and leaking water did I give up, broken visor clips,bad clutch,driver door lock, 3 blowar motor's, wheels flying off of cars hiting me, recall after recall,I for got most of it. Did I give up? wimp out? NO, I bitched on this site and weather the storm. I have what I think is 1 cool truck and my fam. frei, think so. I just Relentless Fab. Will return my email so I can ORDER BUMPERS. RF hope U read this crap.:eek:

5. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    So you fixed it yourself? What about the fedner and headlight? Did the guys insurance pay you anything?

6. Jul 27, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    lgjhn

lgjhn [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LJ
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Yeah, I fixed it myself...I'm very finicky about my vehicles. I was tired of looking at it like that so I bought Samsung's bumper which was in cherry mint condition and the exact same color as mine for an interim solution.
    I used to work in a body shop when I was much younger and I still have most of the tools in my shop. I restore old Dodge muscle cars from the 60s/70s as a hobby whenever I can escape from the oilfield business....LOL. I pulled the headlight out and discovered the bottom fastener bracket was broken. I super-glued it back together and it held ok. I have new one on order and will replace it when I put the ARB bumper on the truck. I straightened the bumper bracket out as it seemed to take most of the jolt. The tip of the fender was only very slightly pulled in by the headlight movement and I carefully worked it back out to its original position. Once everything was back together, I pulled it into the shop, turned out the lights and re-adjusted the headlight to Toyota specs: All is good. Truck is back on duty everyday in the oil pipeline business and doing good. Just rolled over 25K miles of mostly dusty, back roads in south Texas.
    I've been dealing with his insurance company. Had to send pics of the repairs so I sent them a sequential set of the work and hopefully should see a check any day.

7. Jul 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Good info. I would have definitely fixed an accident like that myself as well, as long as there was no painting to be done, and you know it's done right. I'm just surprised his insurance will write you a check for work you did yourself. That would have been 3 grand from a body shop.

Products Discussed in

To Top