1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got my initial buyout offer from Toyota

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by thenrie, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    weidjd

weidjd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC TRD OR 4x
    Saw COs/RR,TSB + 1.5AAl, LR UCAs
    cummins is only thing dodge has. A f350 with a cummins would be it. Or Yes the best would be a Toy with a cummins. Wow that be to much. I would have to go back to Diesel.

2. Mar 19, 2010 at 4:08 AM
    thenrie

thenrie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma, SR5, TRD, 2.7L (LEV), 4wd, 5sp m
    Magnaflow cat and cat-back exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake system, 2.5" lift via Skyjacker leaf packs, Bilstein 5100s.
    Well, it's done. Turned my Tacoma in to the dealership yesterday and they gave me a check for $11,895.00. Signed a few papers and that was that. The rep said Toyota will crush the truck. I figured they would at least sell them for salvage. Felt almost like I was having to put my dog down.

My one consolation is that I have reinvested the money well. See attached pics.

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel, Quad Cab long bed, 4X4, 6sp manual trans, manual xfer case, dual rear wheels, all leather, all electric, nearly all the options, 208K miles, near perfect condition. I'm making 21mpg in town by the on-board computer.

Thanks much to Toyota. Without that buyout I would never have been able to afford to buy this pickup. When I said I wished Toyota had a diesel, this is what I was talking about, not a Tacoma. My needs have changed and I need a full-sized truck.

No doubt there will be other Toyotas in my future, maybe even a Tacoma. It is in my mind to build a true trail rig one day, and I can't imagine starting with anything other than a 1st gen Toyota Tacoma crew cab short bed. I'll make it full-out off-road only and tow it to the trail head with my Dodge. Then park the Dodge and go have some fun!:D

Cub Cadet 004.jpg
    Cub Cadet 007.jpg
    Cub Cadet 039.jpg
    Cub Cadet 038.jpg

3. Mar 19, 2010 at 4:22 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Wow that dodge is huge. The taco looks so small sitting next to it.
    There's a guy I work with, who lives in Fredericksburg btw, who just bought an H2. My taco looks tiny compared to the thing. But for me I didn't have any need for a full size. If I did I prob would've went for a tundra or titan.
    BTW I love the bumper on the front of that thing. It's a beast.

4. Mar 19, 2010 at 4:32 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Not gonna hate....that Dodge is a lotta truck. It'd look good with a roll bar like in your Taco to go with that front bumper & careful, don't trip over the tailpipe, lol.........:D

5. Mar 19, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    TKGN1

TKGN1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    '01 DC TRD 4wd
    SAS on links, SC, flat bed
    Nice purchase. I'm on my 4th Dodge(CTD). I picked up my Toyota as a daily beater/hunting truck but I'll still use my CTD to haul my car and for road trips with the family, I'm sure you will be happy with the purchase.
    I thought I heard a rumor that Toyota was going to be coming out with a 3/4 ton with a diesel, maybe thats why its called a rumor.

6. Mar 19, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    The govvies won't allow it. Toyota would destroy the american auto makers. Maybe not ford, but it would give chevy and dodge a tough time since the big trucks are the cash cows for the big 3. Now that Uncle Sam has a big stake in GM and Chrysler, why would they allow Toyota to come in and have more market share? They would just raise the import taxes to obscene rates or something if it ever happened. Toyota already sells them all over the world. U.S. just won't allow it. Prob never will.
    I'd love to see a full size Toyota diesel though.

7. Mar 19, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Read up on those diesel engines.
    I know some people who have had nothing but problems with them. And got rid of them, or regretted their decision.

8. Mar 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    REALLY???? did all model years get good gas milage?

9. Mar 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    Country

Country Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    Well I guess its good bye TW, have fun with ur dirty dodge

Products Discussed in

To Top