1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Pulled Over Tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Pope953, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    went outta town the other night, when i got back in town stopped at my friends place, his dad isa cop in another town. Anyways when i go to go home, a thirty second drive, i see lights come on behind me. Cop comes up to my window and asks have you been drinking, i honestly answered no, then he asked are those beer cans in the back seat, again honestly answered no, ( i drank alot of soda that day to keep me awake) anyways i was being respectful lights on inside keys out of ignition, hands on wheel. got nailed for expired registration, and no insurance ( i do have insurance , just couldnt find the card. anyway later on that week i get a call, he voided my no insurance ticket.

2. Feb 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Got pulled over once and asked what for. The cop says "I pulled you over because you were following to close to the car behind you". I repeated that statement immediately right back to the officer, he starts stammering and baffooning around trying to figure out what he wants to say or how to fix his statement.,,lol. after a license and ins check he sends me on my way. Rookie cop.

There was never a car in front of me or behind me.

What had happened was that I was exiting the freeway in my 85 IROC and once I got around the major corner I kicked it, just enough to downshift and hear the pipes, but I never broke the speed limit during the whole scenario. He heard me hard on the Flowmasters and decided it would be a easy way to grab a buck or two out of a stupid kid,,he was wrong.

3. Feb 7, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I've been pulled over four times, two of which I got tickets (both 45 in a 35, both around midnight heading home, both tickets where issued about 100ft apart).

I've had my truck searched 2 times.

I now drive like an old man.

4. Feb 7, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I had just knocked out a 12000 yard, 4 hour swim practice in high school. I live about 25 mins away from where we swam- so I had to drive home afterwards. It's all back roads, two lane, and goes from one valley over some hills to the next valley. The roads kinda wind down the hill into town and I tend to cut thru them in the winter to avoid a lot of direction changes in case of ice.

Well- That looked like drunk driving- so the cop and another traffic unit stopped me. Walks up to the window and goes " You been drinkin?" (nope- no hi or anything) and I'm like "No sir." He goes "Well-Your eyes are awful red..." and I say "I was just in a pool for 4 hours-Want to smell my gym bag-I think it's still wet" To which he goes "I'll just take your license and registration"...Walks back to the car and runs my info.

Comes back and at 902PM he tells me I should have been home already (this stop took about 10 mins total and I was about 4 mins from home...You do the math) because of my NYS JR license and says to drive carefully.

Pretty funny once I got home.

You should only be mad at yourself. The cop didn't set the court date- Some dispatcher looked at the next slot on a calender and that was that. Had you not been speeding you wouldn't have a court date at all.
    You could see the sign before you got to it- There is no reason not to slow down.

You might catch a break here or there from a cop in the vicinity of a speed sign...but I wouldn't hope for it.

5. Feb 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    PhillyTacoma

PhillyTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner
    Webasto Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-z120bt in dash nav, nerf bars, XD rims
    In PA we have to allot at least half a mile for you to slow down after the sign before an violation can occur. Look up your local law on that before court. At the least explain your situation and they'll most likely reduce the fines.

6. Feb 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Hahaha, awesome.

7. Feb 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 [OP] That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Haha....nice. Hopefully nothing like that happens to me. I would shit a brick from being so nervous.

8. Feb 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    TacoRun

TacoRun Subd for later..

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Edinburg,Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD off road, Magnetic Gray
    Pop Lock, Ranch Hand brush guard
    I get pulled over a lot in my work truck just because on the side of the door it says Pharr Texas. That's a border town in south Texas. So most small town and state task forces see us as a sure bust for drugs or money depending on the direction I'm going. Always pull me over with the same story...your mud flaps are to high or changing lanes to fast.

9. Feb 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 [OP] That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    I bet that sucks having to explain every time.

10. Feb 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    TacoRun

TacoRun Subd for later..

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Edinburg,Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD off road, Magnetic Gray
    Pop Lock, Ranch Hand brush guard
    Nothing to explain. I have learned to not make any conversation and just answer yes or no.

11. Feb 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    beack when i had my first truck the last day of my senior year in highschool a bunch of us went to hooters. i came to top sign (didnt stop, did a improper start, and was doing 45 in a 25 when i noticed the cop through the bushes. i pulled over and recieved a ticket for no seatbelt :) i then asked the cop if he wanted to come to hooters he laughed and said have a good day

12. Feb 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    I've been pulled over so many times it's ridiculous. Most of the time it was for nothing other than I was driving a beat up old car in a rich town (my commuter car - in my parents town). Two of my favorites though:

1) Got pulled over at 3 AM on my way home from work. The cop says "I noticed you weren't wearing your seatbelt". So how did they notice this? Basically once I showed them all my legal documents for the car and that it was up-to-date on inspections and just looked like sh!t he walked away.

2) Wasn't pulled over but came up on one of those DUI stops while driving an 18-wheeler on state road. It was about 11PM (I used to deliver for ShopRite). The cop looks up at me and says "Have you been drinking?" I say "no I never have any alcohol before driving one of these, it's hard enough with all the morons on the road to drive one sober". He laughs and says he agrees. So he then says "would you mind pulling into that parking lot and taking a sobriety test". We both look as he points to it and realizes there are both a sharp turn to get into and out of the lot and there are about 20 cars in the small lot. I looked at him, laughed, and said "only if you move all the cars out first cause there's no way this truck is getting into that lot without hitting a few". His giggled and "well if you can make it in and out of there I'll know your sober for sure". Then he said "have a safe night" and walked away.

In case number one I found most of the cops to be profiling me because of the car and I'm fine with it. I had nothing to hide and never got a ticket with it. In case number two I found it to be just humorous but being I delivered this stuff in a shore town and I was only 21 I can see there concern and they were just doing their job like I was doing mine.

13. Feb 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Not a pull over story but involved me...a vehicle....and a cop.

Me and a date were cruising around in my old 82 Chevy PU. We had a case of beer and were just riding around town drinking and having fun. (YES this is wrong....but being 21 was fun!)

ANYWAY...we were going out by the cemetery and I turned a corner and the beer in the console tipped over. Now I am VERY VERY ANAL about the cleanliness of everything I own. So I immediately pulled over next to the cemetery.

I had some rags in the toolbox so I'm cleaning this beer up and I see a cop pass on the cross street behind me and his brake lights came on (this is 11pm).

I threw our beers into the cemetery....grabbed my flashlight and popped the hood.

Sure enough the cop came back. I have my head under the hood and I hear his voice. It's a friend of my uncle's. I'm all "Hey Earl...how you been" He says "Hey Ken long time no see....what's up with your truck?" I say it's flooded or something....we chat a couple of minutes and he says "Hell....I guess I can trust ya....if you can't get it fixed call the PD and I'll come get ya"

We shake hands...he left....as soon as he was out of sight we got in and hauled ass to my place. :D

14. Feb 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Oh a 2nd story...
    When I first got married in 96....I lived 20 miles out in the county. We went to town to go to WalMart and get detergent and such. On the way out of town my wife says "Hey let's stop and grab a beer and a steak at the 19th hole(sports bar)"
    So we pull in..it's like 8pm on a Wednesday.
    Well guess what? Budweiser was there and they had a putting contes..a pool tournament and a darts tournament....all our friends were there.
    ANYWAY...we pull out of there close to midnight....not drunk...but 5 or so beers down.
    We get about half a mile and red lights!!! I'm shitting bricks....i hand my wife my cell and say call dad....tell him I'm going to jail..and I light a smoke.

The cop walks up and 2 more pull up. He says "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
    I said I have no idea...I know I wasn't speeding. He says I was swerving a bit. Quick thinking me says..well I reached over in that bag in the floorboard and grabbed a pack of smokes.

He shines his light and sees 3 WalMart bags.

He tells me "Shit...I had you pegged as DWI.....next time let your woman get those smokes.....drive safe"

Needless to say....that scared the living crap outta me!!!

15. Feb 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    Sb_Bob_E10

Sb_Bob_E10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Goleta/Santa Barbara,Ca.
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma 4x4 Sport LB
    Icon's Extended C/O's, 285/70r17 Duratracs on Eagle 063's Raven Black, Weathertech floor mats,AFE Drop In, 1" block in rear for now w/ billie 5100's.
    I was out with my g/f the other night and figured we would go up to this overlook of the city up on the mountain. We were there for 30 mins just staring down, no we hadn't even gotten hot n' heavy ;-) when i see two yellow bulbs coming at us slowly in my rear view mirror. I told her thats a cop, don't get scared....Cop then starts halling ass , turns his lights on and slams on his brakes. (total asshole move) so my instinct Is to fuck with him and I open the door, then roll my window down. I say Hello by then he already has his hand on his gun, perhaps because I had opened my door. He doesn't even bother to ask me what were doing or nothing but starts shining his light around my truck and my lap....... My gf and I stare at eachother and I say "SO YEA can I help you?" he says yes, and doesnt acknowledge me-asks my GF how old are you? do you have an ID , she says no but Iam 27 I was born on this date. He then says..... You two have to leave this spot, RIGHT NOW & slams my door jumps in his car and halls ass in reverse (out of dukes of hazzard style). I took my time leaving afterwards. Perhaps funnier done then typed on this. but 5 days later and we still can't help "making his nervous voice, you have to leave this spot-RIGHT NOW"

16. Feb 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    Duff Man

Duff Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    AEM CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, DT headers, all speakers replaced with (2) 10's and amp behind rear seats, color matched grill, grillcraft, projector headlights, 8000k HID's, DC Torque wheels, 3" Toytec lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks.
    I got pulled over and told my truck was registered as Mazda Miata.

17. Feb 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    I liked most of your stories until I read that. What's up with the WSU hostility, mad that your sports aren't up to par? ;)

18. Feb 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    i was not driving down the road but there is an old abandoned building in town and the parkin lot is still pretty smooth, there were only a few people around and it was like 2 in the mornin. since i just got my x runner i decided to see just what she would do.. punched first, snatched it down in 2nd and had it sideways.. slid it around a little and by that time there was a pretty good bit of smoke from my tires. when i stopped and turned around to pull back up to the top of the parkin lot there were 2 cops sittin there, they pulled in and talked to my friends while i was drivin down the parkin lot.. I got off without anything but they did scold me pretty good..

19. Feb 9, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    superwhite10

superwhite10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garner, NC
    shortly before i bought my tacoma i was driving a 97 blazer, nothing fancy just 20% tint on the 2 front side windows to match the factory tint but is illegal in Va, also had (or has since my mom drives it now) 2 12inch subs in the back. anyway, im driving home from my girlfriends house at like 10:30pm, and im going through a curvy stretch of route 1 which i tend to speed through the curves if theres no one around, i passed one car that i noticed was NOT a cop and gained enough distance that i lost sight through the curve, as the road straightened out between curves i notice a 2nd car behind me catching me FAST and i slowed down and i thought to myself immediately that it was a cop and i would probally get pulled over. the car got right on my ass for a second then backed off quite a bit (figured he was running my tags). so i then confirmed it was a cop. i got over and said to myself if he follows me over its not gonna be good, sure enough he changed lanes with me. i then decide to pull into the 7-11 to grab a drink and see if he follows. sure enough as soon as i put my turn siganl on i see blue lights. so im thinking shit, i mean i was changing lanes without signaling but i was only going 10 over the speed limit max. so immediately roll my window down to avoid him seeing my tint. he comes up and asked if i knew why he was pulling my over i replied no i was not sure. he claimed i went off the pavement into the gravel (which i knew for a fact i hadnt because that would have scared me because there is little to no room for error if i had done so.) he asked if i had been drinking and i replied no sir. i gave him my license and reg. and he said again "so you havnt been drinking?" and i said no sir i am not 21 yet. he chuckled and said be right back. walked back to his car and another cop pulled up and they chatted and he came back to give my my license and reg. and said i was free to go and asked what kind of subs i had in the back. i said theyre 2 12 inch alpines. he said "nice, have a nice night" i waited for him to leave cranked my subs up and just laughed

20. Feb 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    btuner

btuner <<<<>>>>

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hendersonville NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stage III TRD Badge
    First lesson in life is to never put exhaust on your vehicle, I found out If they can't hear you, they don't care about you. Exhaust on a vehicle is just yelling at a cop "pull me over please!!!"

I got pulled over no joke 20+ times and had 24+ points on my license when I had my civic. Most ridiculous was I got pulled over once and got ticketed for going 6mph over the speed limit! Also got a ticket for my blinker being too bright(and yes it was just plain orange) ...WTF!!! Funny thing is I haven't changed my driving habits one bit and have never even gotten a second look from the cops in the tacoma. Wish I has just gotten a truck from the start!

Products Discussed in

To Top