1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Pulled Over Tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Pope953, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Feb 9, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    one beer and you blew a .033 WOW lol

2. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:01 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    not that uncommon...impairment begins with the first drink whether you realize it or not

Alcohol affects everyone differently and its HIGHLY possible that his body doesnt metabolize the alcohol as easily or as quickly...therefore resulting in a .033BAC after 1 drink

the AVG male will blow a .02 after 1 drink and typically males, and people below the age of 25 metabolize alcohol slower

Regardless, if you're under 21, you shouldve blown a .000

3. Feb 10, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    you're an idiot...you're lucky you didnt kill someone or get stopped yourself

dont street race

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    X2.

5. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    So far I have been pulled over twice and had my truck searched both times.

The first time was right after I had moved to VA. I was just 16 and I got my license in CA but at my age VA wouldnt have given me a license so that made the situation more confusing. And I had texas plates at the time. Very confusing for the average Prince William County Cop. But I had just made some friends and we went riding around to see where some people on the XC team lived. Well this corner is confusing because one road turning onto the main road has a stop sign and the other doesnt and I thought i was on the road with no stop sign. So i just keep on rollin through and it turns out there was a cop sitting there with his lights off that I didnt see. Well he pulls me over and asks why I pulled out like that and I told him I just moved here and I thought I was on a different road. So he goes back and runs my license and after like 30 minutes he finally comes back and apologizes for the delay he was confused with the different states. As i am about to leave another cruiser comes flyin out of nowhere and pulls in front of me and pulls his gun. Im like wtf did I do?
    Apparently there had been reports of shots fired and 3 boys took off in a truck, which matched me and my friends. So they pull us out and cuff us and ask if we did it. I tell him no and he says he is going to search the truck to make sure. Well, the day before I had been at the trap range all day so in my back seat there were about 100 fired shotgun shells. He couldnt find a gun and when i explained to him that I had shot yesterday he let us go with just a warning. I about pooped myself though when I realized there was a bunch of empty shells in the back.

6. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    HeadlampRevamp

HeadlampRevamp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Buckner, ky
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    What kind of get together was this? :eek:

7. Feb 10, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup
    Sone "lady" cop pulled me over. It wasn't funny. Now I have to go to court during finals week in May.

The speed limit was 65, I was passing doing 75, then it turns into a 45 zone, right as I finished passing, and "she" was sitting about 100ft behind the 45 sign. Dam Bitch is all I have to say.

I say "she" because I think it was suposed to be a she but idk what it really is.

I'm truly sorry for anyone who has a negative experience with LEO's. But you're being naive to assume that she's trying to screw you over intentionally. News flash: not all cop's have it out for people.

To add to the stories, when I was in high school, I was wheeling my explorer- a lil drunk- (on private property) and flipped it. I called my father, who told my mother, who called 911... Officer shows up and places me in hand cuffs, telling me I'm going to jail for trespassing, reckless driving, etc. After talking to the officer for a while, I was let go with nothing but a careless driving ticket. I took it to court, the officer said he 'forgot the incident' and the ticket was dismissed. Outside the courthouse the officer told me "People make mistakes son, and I'm giving you your chance-dont eff this up. If and when I see you again, it better be under better circumstances."
    Flash forward 4 years: I applied with a local Police Dept. and guess who became a detective, in charge of interviewing applicants and conducting the background check? Yup. When I first walked into the interview and saw him I visibly blushed- he instantly remembered me and the incident. We discussed it, and how I went from that to graduating college, volunteering with community organizations, etc. and I ended up being one of three applicants chosen out of over 500.
    Not all cops are dicks.

8. Feb 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 [OP] That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Agreed. Any more stories?

9. Feb 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    Gieser

Gieser Official Flatlander

Member:
    MB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 tundra yamaha edition
    scion Head Unit and magnaflow muffler...so far
    nothing interesting but i got pulled over cause a guy a a crosswalk ran across at night. I slowed down and was fairly far away from him but the cop following me pulled me over anyway. only a warning.

then at my school the cops were all all the exits checking everyone licence and registation. i pulled up in my civic at the time, they check mine. it took alot longer than everyone else and then told me to pull over. i sat there for 15 min in front of the school with everyone starring at me. they came back and gave me everything back and sent me on my way. I was the only one this happend to?!! Well later my brother said he got alot of texts call that i got a huge tickett. I got nothing. got to love that lol.

10. Feb 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    x3 .... and IMHO

Most LEOs are good people doing a often unappreciated job while putting their lives on the line to keep our communities safe...SHOW SOME RESPECT!

Two stories:

1) Sep 1983 - driving my '81 Toyota PU back to Richmond, VA from an overnight fishing trip on the Chesapeake Bay with my Dad and some friends. Fishing was good, stayed longer than I should have, so I'm smokin' down the road through this hilly area in order to get back to town to work my noon to closing shift at Ukrops (a supermarket chain). Crest this hill and I see the State Trooper at the bottom of the hill in the median...he's got me dead to rights...he hits the lights and I pull over darn near even to where he was sitting. He asks how fast I think I was going and I tell him 85 mph, which matches what his radar said. This is back in the 55 speed limit days...I'm 30 mph over and he's got me dead to rights like I said. We talk, he notices the American Flag and US Air Force window decals; I explain I'm on Delayed Entry Program scheduled to enter Basic Training 1 November. I've got no idea what this is going to do to me with regards to the Air Force. After talking for what seemed like an eternity...at least to my 18 yr old scared as hell brain....He closes with this...Do you think you can do better and keep the speed down? I answer "Yes Sir"...and he lets me go. Follows me for like 20 miles...during which time I'm nervous as hell, but in the end I gained a huge respect for all LEOs because that State Trooper took the time to talk to the 18 yr old kid I was and I actually matured some that day.:oldglory: Like I said...SHOW SOME RESPECT!

2) Fast forward to 2009...This one shows they're people too...like all of us. My License Plate is the same as my screen name here....MQQSE....got pulled over by AK Trooper and it goes like this:

Trooper: License and registration

Me: Hand over documents

Trooper: "Computer shows that license plate number registered to a 2006 Ford F150 under a different name?"

Me: "You know those are "Q's", right?

Trooper: Walks to back of truck for second look....comes back to window, hands me my documents and says "Get the hell out of here."

Happened to my son a few months later when he borrowed the truck.

Guess those darn Q's are deceiving to the eye!!???

Sorry to be long winded...thanks for reading. MQQSE out!

11. Feb 10, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra

the only time and place its OK to race is at a track

NEVER on the street...regardless of what speed youre racing to or what time it is

12. Feb 10, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    superwhite10

superwhite10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garner, NC
    hahahaha! :rofl: good catch thats a HUGE typo! :facepalm:should have said fighting not fucking! im surprised no one else caught it! must mean nobody else read it

13. Feb 10, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    its funny how different stories get around so quickly in high school (atleast im assuming HS) haha
    hahaha i didnt even catch that the first ime i read it:rofl:

14. Feb 10, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    superwhite10

Member:
    Garner, NC
    my first year of college at Chowan University in NC which had a dry campus. a buddy of mine and myself were on the soccer team and had been at one of the typical keg parties the soccer team always had, we each had drank a gatorade mixed with vodka and had maybe consumed 2 beers, we decide we are hungry and walk back to my dorm room, eat, and head back to the party. before we left we each filled a red solo cup with beer since it wasnt a far walk but we did have to walk through the middle of the campus but we had never had problems before and had done much worse by this time haha. so as we are about to cross the street i see a car approaching slowly and i said dont look but i think thats a chief (nickname for head of campus police) so we cross and AS SOON as we stepped up on the curb on the other side of the road i see break lights behind us and i hear "hey you 2 stop right there" so we stop and turn around, and chief and a local officer get out of the car. he asked us what was in our cups and i froze up becuase i was so nervous and a little buzzed, and my friend spoke up and said oh its just water sir. and i knew we were sunk! sure enough chief looked in and it was obvious it was beer. gave us tickets went to court blah blah..well i talked to him after court and he said if we would have told the truth he would have simply dumped the cups out and sent us on our way. so i was kind of mad but at the same time it was all funny because instead of getting charged with underage possession, our punishment was to make and wear a sign to wear infront and behind that said "I got caught drinking underage..." and on the back "Look how stupid I am!". did 20 hours of walking around campus with a friend wearing those signs and can say it was actually alot of fun, regardless of what we had done wrong.

15. Feb 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    i would take wearing a sign over getting a charge any day haha

16. Feb 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    So i finaalg get to town to get my registration.for my car since the last time i had been stopped i didnt drive because of no registration well i get pulled over for welll i dunno what for let off with a drive safely and directions to get where i needed to go

17. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    superwhite10

Member:
    Garner, NC
    oh yeah by far dude! it turned out to just give us a chance to meet everybody and we would stand outside the cafeteria and have our friends bring us out food. it was really fun. my partner in crime also became my best friend and we still talk about "sign duty" today :D

18. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    haha damn thats pretty cool

19. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    I have been pulled over twice in my career of driving. Got pulled over because my license plate was up on my dash inside the cab. I got a small warning thank goodness. :)

I got pulled over on the beach for going 60mph. Supposedly the beaches in Oregon are 25mph... I was pissed that i got a ticket... It was my last day at the beach. Grrrrrrr

20. Feb 10, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    ISUGrad05

ISUGrad05 Public Servant Enemy #1

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 5.7 Tundra DoubleCab
    One night in collage I was riding home from the bar drunk on my bicycle with some other friends. I had a 12 pack strapped onto the rack on the back of my bike and my buddy decides to grab one and rips open the case. As we ride through the intersection about 4 cans go spilling out, so I'm straddling my bike in the middle of intersection picking up cans of beer and 2 cops drive by. They just kinda of cruised by slowly and kept on going.

Products Discussed in

To Top