1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Pulled Over Tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Pope953, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Feb 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    hahaha they probably just couldnt believe what they were seeing

2. Feb 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 [OP] That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Can't they still actually get you for being on a bicycle drunk? :confused:

3. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    grammar dude grammar

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    from my home town website that posts daily arrests and all that fun stuff.

Smithfield Police have arrested a man for driving while impaired on a bicycle. Officers said they witnessed 44 year-old Luis Perez Martinez weave in and out of traffic on his blue bicycle around 6:23pm Saturday night, nearly getting hit by a vehicle. Martinez was stopped by police and during a subsequent Breathalyzer test, he registered 0.27, more than three times above the legal limit of 0.08. Martinez was charged with driving while impaired and being drunk and disorderly. Bail was set at $2,500 pending a March 15 appearance in Johnston County District Court.

. . . Soooo yes.

5. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    iv gotten pulled over every time i drive my bosses truck (dodge ram Laramie 3500 lifted 16'' on 44's ) the first 2 times the cops walked up, made a joke about how big the truck is gave me a warning for not keeping my vehicle in the lane. The 3rd time i was driving down the highway in rush hour pulling a double axle cargo trailer, i went to change lanes but needed a big gap so i was waiting for someone to let me in, then i see a cop pull up, slows down gives me room to change lanes and i do then about 100 meters down the road the lights come on and i pull off onto a side road right in front of my highschool (wasnt in school because i had 2 spares for the last blocks) the cop gets out of his car right as the bell rings, walks up to my truck, asks how im doing and for licence and reg, i give it to him and he asks to search the truck/trailer, i say yes because i know theres nothing to hide, he searches the whole truck and empys my whole trailer full with my motocross bike and landscaping equipment all over the road and gets 2 more cop cars to come check the vins on everything, all my friends were watching as i stood there with the truck as the cops ripped apart all my stuff, my guess is they thought it was full of drugs. packed everything back in(better than i had it in there) and sent me on my way. my phone did not stop ringing the whole night from people texting asking what i was getting busted for

6. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    ISUGrad05

ISUGrad05 Public Servant Enemy #1

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 5.7 Tundra DoubleCab
    Probably depends on the state, but not in Iowa where I was at the time. But could have easily gotten arrested for public intoxication. On a side note I knew of a guy that got arrested for DUI on a riding lawn mower, after he already lost his license for his first DUI.

7. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    Pope953

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    ^^^this! :rofl:

8. Feb 10, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    I saw a guy get pulled over on a bicycle. It was funny seeing two police cars on either side of a bike...kickstand down with the guy talking to the police. He had a beer in each hand...the cops let him keep the capped one and sent him on his way...they took the open one.

9. Feb 11, 2011 at 2:25 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup
    Here in Florida a bicycle is a vehicle, and if you are operating on a public roadway, the same laws apply as if you were driving in a car. Including DUI.

Bikes also have to have lights on them to be ridden at night. Not so much for safety, but to allow stops of the brothas riding through the hood in violation of city/county ordinance. You'd be surprised how many drug arrests get made by stopping someone for riding their bike with no light :devil:

10. Feb 11, 2011 at 3:40 AM
    moe1967

moe1967 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD DC Off-Road PreRunner
    Breathalyzer machines are seriously flawed. Research it! Company names and model numbers have changed over the years, but it is still basically the same technology as from many years ago. Many things can affect the outcome of a breathalyzer test. If you paint, put gas, eat certain foods, have gastric reflux, can all have negative effects on the breathalyzer test. Even just a simple burp just prior to blowing can be the difference between passing or failing.

Research it. Its very interesting.

11. Mar 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    Pope953

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    Havent been pulled over in a while thank goodness!

12. Mar 14, 2011 at 3:08 AM
    dep3091

dep3091 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Inland Empire
    Vehicle:
    White 05 Tacoma 4x4 LongBed
    2.5" Donahoe/Icon Front Coilovers, Icon Rear Reservoirs, K&N Filtercharger, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Bajarack Mule mounted over Bed on Thule Xsporter, Bajarack Dual Fuel/H20 Can holder, All-Pro front bumper w/PIAA Fogs, KC Rallye 800 Pencils, Custom Windshield Crack
    UMMMMM....Recall 9-11 there youngster...We are out there to save peoples asses every day. Sometimes we piss people off. Part of doing business. Feel free to trade jobs for a day and stand in our boots.

13. Mar 14, 2011 at 3:39 AM
    WizzyTRDTXPRO

WizzyTRDTXPRO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    TRD TX PRO 4x4
    I got pulled over the Spring of 2006 for not using turn signal to change lanes in another town 60 miles away. The police officer comes to my door and first thing he says is "Driving daddies truck huh" (I was driving my at the time 2006 Dodge Ram SRT10) I say "No officer I just happen to make about 3 times you do a year and I can afford nice things". He gives me a warning and asks me what I do then I tell him and he says "I wish I would of hired on when I had the chance about 10 years ago. (I work for a Major Railroad).

A few weeks later I had about every cop on the local police force with guns aimed at me for some rookie seeing a suppresor on a Ruger 10/22 which I had a NFA for. I walked into a store to get a pop and walk out and I see a police officer standing next to my truck I walk up and ask what the problem was.

14. Mar 14, 2011 at 4:25 AM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    What do I have to do to claim this job trade? :D CHP isnt testing right now :( (not saying you're CHP, it's just the only one close by me)

The other night I drove up to wendys at ~11:30pm. coming back some asshole comes out of nowhere and is RIGHT on my ass.. Well, welcome to my biggest road pet peeve, I DO NOT LIKE BEING TAILGATED. It's a 30mph zone, I slow down to 25, then to 20, then there is a stopsign up ahead so i obviously have to stop.. guy stays RIGHT on my ass all the way to the stop. as i'm stopping i notice.. these look like crown vic lights.. god damnit it's a cop... i stop, count to 3 out loud and cross the intersection like i'm taking a driving test, speed limit is 30 and i'm doing 25, theres a speed bump with 15 so i slow down to 15.. bam i get the lights..

I roll down my drivers window asap due to being in norcal and my 15% tint. he walks up, i keep my hands visible and don't move. He walks up and says he pulled me over because I have a receiver ball on my trucks bumper and since I'm not towing I need to remove it because he couldn't see my middle plate number. He asks for my license and I asked if he wanted my reg too then dug around in my truck for the right years reg til he said "is your truck registered to you?" i say yeah and he says ok never mind the registration and walks back to his car to make sure I'm not wanted or something. No fix it or anything, I'm not even sure if it's illegal to have a receiver ball on your truck without towing.. I'm sure it was a stop to bust me on something or other since my truck looks "mexican" and I'm in the central valley

he was pretty polite and pleasant about it, only lasting bitterness is the fact I don't like being tailgated and don't like when cops do it.

moral is: That is a lot of bullshit for 4 dollars in frostys

15. Mar 14, 2011 at 4:59 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Trolling for drunks! Its that time of night, a lot of cops will pull you for anything, no turn signal, plate lights out, even a small hole in your taillights!

16. Mar 14, 2011 at 5:05 AM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    funny part is one of my plate lights is out and he didnt say anything about it

17. Mar 14, 2011 at 5:07 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Prolly cuz you have 2. As long as its illuminated they prolly won't say much about it. I wish I could pull people for that here on the base...but its not something we enforce. If I could, I'd prolly get a lot more drunks at night! :rolleyes:

18. Mar 14, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    yeah there's any number of reasons this is a college town so next time may be for that plate light haha

19. Mar 14, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I think your "free pass" because your dad's a cop is bullshit, next time you get pulled over (by your own admission, you get pulled over alot) You get the book thrown at you, just sayin' you must be driving like an idiot & before you get all Butt hurt over it I come from a family of law enforcement on both my dad's & my mom's side & I promise you I'd get no "special treatment" because of family relationship, if anything they reem my ass for being a stupid fuck & write me the ticket themselves, what one-horse town is this anyway ??

20. Mar 14, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Just check that front plate out before you head out lol ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top