1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Pulled Over Tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Pope953, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Mar 16, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Damn...that sucks!:eek:

Yet another reason not to go back there...left Richmond, Va in 1983 to join the Air Force. Last time I was there was 1991. No plans to go back ever...but that's yet another story.

2. May 29, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 [OP] That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Had a cop follow me around tonight, finally he turned off. Hate it when the do that...feels like "profilin" to me.

3. May 30, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    LMAO- Or investigating...or he had to go the same way you were. Paranoid much??

4. May 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    thats nothin, i had one behind me for i shit you not 26 miles on silverado trail here in my area ... when he finally pulled me over it was for blacked out tails and then the dbag walks around to the front of the car and wrote me another one for no front plate. I was like it took you 26 miles to finally pull me over?

5. Jun 5, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 [OP] That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    No not paranoid. You know small town cops they feel like they are the owners of the town and follow you for a couple miles then turn around and where they turn around you can see them and know what they were doing. Its just small town cops, they have nothing to do at 11pm but follow you. Doing their job I suppose :notsure:

6. Jun 7, 2011 at 2:28 AM
    Unknown

Unknown He who angers you conquers you

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Unknown
    Unknown
    About a year ago I got pulled over cause I went inside an empty parking lot cause i didn't want to do a u-turn in front of the cops, right when I was about to exit the parking lot he cuts me off and turned his Charger's flashlight on to my driver's window. I had 15% tints on the front so he told me to roll the windows down and turn the vehicle off so I did......... long story short, I was lost, so he said to make sure I knew the city(Culver city) before coming away or not to come at all in a loud voice........ no ticket for tints but what a douche.

7. Jun 7, 2011 at 3:07 AM
    tacomarich

tacomarich luvsoffroading

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    i just try not to speed and not break any traffic laws but no ones perfect. we all get a ticket or get pulled over one time or another.

at least the freeway cameras came down out here not too long ago. now if the red light cameras will phase out as well.

8. Jun 7, 2011 at 3:42 AM
    dep3091

dep3091 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Inland Empire
    Vehicle:
    White 05 Tacoma 4x4 LongBed
    2.5" Donahoe/Icon Front Coilovers, Icon Rear Reservoirs, K&N Filtercharger, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Bajarack Mule mounted over Bed on Thule Xsporter, Bajarack Dual Fuel/H20 Can holder, All-Pro front bumper w/PIAA Fogs, KC Rallye 800 Pencils, Custom Windshield Crack
    HATE the freeway cams!!!!!! Talk about stressing about your speed.

9. Jun 7, 2011 at 4:37 AM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    As my other half and I were getting ready to move in, we were out in her car in JAX and she said something about having to make an appointment to get her license updated for our new address, then said "yeah, I have to find my registration and insurance (typical girl comment)" I say, "Wait, thats not in your glove box?" She goes, "I know, i know, I'll find it"

30 seconds later we're pulled over as one of Jax's finest is asking for her registration. They have to run all her info by her social. I have a small smirk on my face and she goes: "DONT SAY A WORD" She ended up taking care of the ticket and paying like a $30 fine but her car insurance just went up since a moving violation was reported to it. 6 months months later, I finally get my word in: "Why the hell are you carrying your registration and insurance in a moving box?!?!?"

I pay $200 less per 6 months to carry 100/300/100 with full coverage on my 2011 taco, which I claim for 50% business use than she does with state minimums on her 05 civic.

Tickets suck. Thankfully, I've never had one.

10. Jun 7, 2011 at 6:27 AM
    puckstopper55

puckstopper55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    '11 Double Cab TRD Sport, Mag Grey
    tailgate anti-theft Map Light LED's Dome Light LED LP LED Halogen Bed Light Extra D-Rings in bed Anytime Fog Lights Tri-Fold tonnau cover Wet Ok's
    My first real car was my '95 xtra cab Tacoma. I got it in the fall of '99 (my first semester of college), and by the time spring of '00 came, I realized that the "xtra cab" was useless, and none of my friends would ever ride in the back.
    A girl I liked at the time suggested I use the back for 6x9's and subs, and who was I to argue. Fast forward 1 month, my new system is installed, a friend and I decide to go ice skating at the local rink and look for chicks. On the way out of the parking lot, about 10:00 pm, we see a car with girls, and my friend decides to crank DMX - Party Up to get their attention.
    The only attention we got was from a cop who said we were disturbing the peace (in a mall parking lot filled with kids). Thankfully he let us off, but what a lame reason to get pulled over.

11. Jun 7, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    We just went camping over the weekend and I got pulled over. I left the camp site on my dirtbike because I can get out of where we were faster to go bring another member of TW to our camp. I get out onto a dirt road which we all thought was private but it was not it was county and there was a speed limit I guess. Cop clocked me at 81 in a 40 and let me go. He was pretty cool after I told him I was a fireman and I honestly didnt know about the county road. He then gave me a map of every trail in the pine national forest. As Im putting my helmet back on the unmarked cop turns his lights off this jeep with a novelty horn passes all of us by weaving in and out honking his horn and the cop pulls him over haha. Stand by for a pic.

12. Jun 7, 2011 at 6:38 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
  13. Jun 7, 2011 at 7:31 AM
    transplant

transplant resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad
    so.. i see more than a few people on here are current/former military. i can only assume a few of you have concealed weapons permits.. well heres a story even i still cant believe...

its probably last august when im driving home just before rush hour in virginia beach. im rolling in my 96 ranger with big ol marine corps stickers on the back glass.. oif plates.. and i pass a state trooper doing about 4 miles over the speed limit. after getting hit by a car on my motorcycle three years ago today actually, i drive like a grandma in my truck.
    so.. this state trooper follows me for a good... 7 or 8 miles. obviously pacing me. why? im not really sure. its 4 over dude. he finally pulls me over and im stopped in the shoulder of 264 and theres not a very big shoulder here. in fact.. i chose a pretty terrible spot between a guard rail and 4 lanes of highway. but.. i stopped as soon as i could.
    because i have my S&W.40 in the truck.. i put my hands out the window as he walks up. i dont have time for games, i just want to do this and get on my way. he comes up and says "ill take this as a good indication that you have a weapon in the truck"
    "yessir"
    "where is it?"
    well.. after explaining that it was in the drivers side door pocket.. he decides to reach in and grab it. its full of police issue hollow points and ones in the chamber. this particular weapon i have is a smith and wesson sigma series .40. there is no mechanical safety on it. just a trigger safety. some say for that reason, the trigger pull is super heavy and so is the buffer spring. this will come into play in just a few seconds.
    as he pulls it out of the door pocket, it slips from his hand.
    and lands barrel first on my foot. i am officially shitting bricks. the entire time hes fishing around my floorboard for the weapon hes lecturing me about how dangerous his job is that hes been doing for 18 years and only has 6 more before retirement... and how much of a waste of time it is to pull me over.
    all im thinking is... "really dude?"
    so.. after retrieving the weapon he stands back up straight and takes a step back from my truck. i have to point out the terrible place i stopped.. he only has one more step behind him before hes in traffic which has started to pick up.
    he drops the mag and hands it to me and then tries to rack the slide back.
    but he cant. now, youd think being an 18 year veteran... he wouldnt have much issue with firearms.
    wrong.
    ive had cops ask me to drop the round from the chamber personally and hand them the weapon because apparently.. my gun is cop proof. whatever.
    this asshole instead decides to fumble with it.
    finally i see him turn the barrel into himself, press it against his chest with his left hand over the barrel trying to pull it back and his right hand pressing the gun into his chest WITH HIS THUMB ON THE TRIGGER.
    if i was shitting bricks earlier, im about to shit the moon out.

see.. va cops dont play. you fuck up.. theyre gonna getcha. all i could imagine was it discharging.. sending that hollow point straight through that vest and into his heart. if that didnt kill him.. he probably would have fell backwards into traffic and gotten run over. before i know it im swarmed with cops.. hes dead.. my gun.. im fucked at that point. im going to get my ass beat half to death by a bunch of cops who think i just shot one of their own.

you cant be serious.

still he struggles with it for about a minute and a half before finally the round falls out the magazine well.

i got lectured more on my arrogance, my driving, and how dangerous his job is before he handed me my registration and license back. never once did he ask to see my conceal carry permit.
    i drove home, locked up the .40.. and had a few beers.

holy freakin crap. what the hell had just happened.

oh and uhh.. sorry about the super long read.

14. Jun 7, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    cdstelly

cdstelly Member

Member:
    Sorry bud that's not right.

They are very accurate these days.

15. Jun 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Yeah, alot of cops think that unless you are one, you as a civilian don't know anything about handling firearms, but I am curious as to why your driving around with 1 chambered ??

16. Jun 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    because if he didnt have one chambered then he'd have been carrying an expensive brick

17. Jun 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Typical copper reply right there Tiger....:D

seriously though, I get having it loaded (clip)but why one in the pipe? It takes a second to pull the slide .

but even bricks can kill....;)

edit : I forgot to check if its semi or dbl action

18. Jun 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    cdstelly

cdstelly Member

Member:
    lol.

19. Jun 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    x2- I don't wanna draw and rack...No thanks. One in the pipe unless I'm cleaning it or shooting.

20. Jun 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    Funny stories!

Products Discussed in

To Top