1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Some Bad News.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Untamed_SS, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Apr 16, 2009 at 7:26 AM
    MTL Tacoma

MTL Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montreal, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC LB TRD Sport
    LMAO...this whole thing stinks!!!....:poking:

2. Apr 16, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    I think you handled it fine SS and am actually impressed with your calmness over the matter! :thumbsup: I have been in the same boat many times with some varying issues and sometimes it is just better, and more fun to do it all yourself with the help of the old man and his Garage over dealing with a bunch of :evil: "fine print" aholes. besides who do you trust to work on YOUR truck?

3. Apr 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS [OP] Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    My truck is back to "normal". and by "normal" I mean perfect. Hopefully I learned a lesson (it being my fault or not on the clutch breaking) and will respect the truck more. It was interesting to get to do all of that though, since I haven't even changed the oil myself yet. :)

The worst part of the whole ordeal was when my dad and I were lowering the tranny to the ground. My arm was in the way. :smack: My dad didn't think it was heavy though. I thought different. :rolleyes:

So, thanks everyone one last time (for now at least) for helping me and giving the advice I needed. This is truely the best forum I have ever been a part of. :playball:

4. Apr 16, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    Glad you and your pops got it working!

5. Apr 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    Young guys can learn, too. My # 2 son toasted a set of brand new tires in six months on the vehicle we bought for him to get back and forth to college from home. When he related the cost of the replacements to the way he was driving the car he became very gentle with his vehicle. It lasted him all the way through school and now the Exterra he bought when he graduated is paid for and is in excellent shape with the original tires.

As for me, I trashed several vehicles before learning that lesson. Some of us just have harder heads.

Products Discussed in

To Top