1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got Spare Fuses?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OffroadToy, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Dec 6, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    I tried doing a search. Does anyone have a list of spare fuses they carry for the 2nd gen Offroad Taco incase of emergencies? I've got a couple standard packs but alot of the fuses on the truck look like you'd have to go through the dealer to get (and might be a bit expensive.) What spare fuses would you recommend carrying incase of a problem out wheeling? My 07 has vsc,trac,dac,hac,alsd,etc,etc.

2. Dec 6, 2011 at 1:09 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Just go to an auto parts store or WalMart or anyplace that has an automotive dept. and get a box of mixed amp fuses... Look in the two fuse box places on your truck to see what size to get... There are fuses under the hood and behind the little storage pop out compartment to the left and lower from the steering wheel.

3. Dec 6, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- king 2.5 with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- tire gate, custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator as muffler, hps silicone hoses Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector, rear dust lights with custom bed bar and hi lift mount.
    I got some pepboys for 10 bucks and it has most of the fuses I need

4. Dec 6, 2011 at 1:17 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    You don't need to go to the dealer for any of the fuses on your truck. Just pop open the fuse box, make a note of the fuses you have and get a set of replacements at any auto parts store. If you're really stranded, you can swap fuses around to run more critical items and, worst case scenerio, jump across the fuse (I'm not recommending anyone do this, just simply stating it as an option if you're sure it's only a fuse problem, you're stranded and it's a last resort) :)

5. Dec 6, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    OffroadToy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    The fuses I'm most concerned with are the larger one's (approximately 3/4" x 3/4" square.) They're 30,50,100,& 140 amp. Anyone carry spares of them or ever had to replace one?

6. Dec 6, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Black,Sport package,
    Sport pedals, Extang full-tilt cover, Magnaflow exhaust system, XPEL invisible paint protection, TRD short Shifter, Hood struts, Homelink mirror, Dbl power outlets,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Muth heated signal mirrors TSB. Lo-Tek Pilllar pod with Glow-Shift gauges, 4x4 illuminated switch, Pioneer Z110BT (upgraded to Z130BT) w/2011 toyota tailgate backup camera,traffic tuner, parking brake bypass. Leather interior w/heated seats. LED's installed in glove box, center console, front and rear cupholders, rear console vent, AFE CAI, LED taillights, under hood lights, LED bed lights, oil catch can, extra D-rings installed in bed, frame replaced, Bilstein 5100, fronts set at.85, FOCAL Auditor 6.5" componet speakers. Replaced lower center dash panel with 2011 dash panel, installed USB charger and relocated seat heater switches to lower panel.
    I need the 7.5amp mini fuses. They seem hard to come by. Walmart does not carry them. I have not checked Pep Boys or Advance. I want the mini fuses to replace the ones I used.

7. Dec 6, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    OffroadToy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Google Cooper Bussmann KM-9 Emergency fuse kit. They have assortment packs of the mini that include 2,5,7 1/2,10,15,20,25,and 30 amp.

8. Dec 6, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    Bengland25

Bengland25 Never Forget! 343

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    MB Chaos 6 17" wheels, BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO LT265-70R17, Anytime Fog Lights, Anytime Backup Camera, Bed Lights, Tailgate Lock, Light bar with 3 Hella 700FF's, Realtree Camo arm-rests, Anytime DTRL (With Switch), Blue Seas Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker, Custom Bed Light-Bar, Cobra 29 LTD Chrome, 4' Firestik, Masterlock Hitch Key Safe, Bed Storage Compartment Locks, Custom Shovel Bracket Mount, Flag Pole Mount (RED SOLO CUP FLAG!), DIY Washable Cabin Filter, URD MAF Cal., Homelink Garage Door Opener, Volant CAI w/ Ram Scoop, AeroTurbine 3030XL, URD Short Throw Shifter, Custom Satoshi, Blitzpro 21S, 2 Blitzpro 6LZ's, Blitzpro 6D, BAMF Sliders
    Check out RadioShack. They had some last time I was there.

9. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    OffroadToy

Member:
    Vehicle:

10. Dec 7, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I went to a salvage yard a year or so ago and stripped a truck of its fuse boxes:)

To Top