1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got the leaf Spring TSB. Here are some pics !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by khfactor, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Feb 14, 2008 at 1:22 PM
    rugger

rugger Member

Member:
    I just got mine done and it still bottoms out with my 350 lb quad in the bed. They don't know what to do what should I do now trd dc lb 07

2. Feb 14, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    did you make sure that the dealer put the 4 leaf pack on instead of the same old 3 leaf pack that was on there?? that has been an apparent problem with some dealerships.

3. Feb 14, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    rugger

rugger Member

Member:
    I do have the 4 leafs and it still bottoms out.

4. Feb 14, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    damn!!:confused:.....maybe some stiffer shocks, or maybe a different set of springs all together.....maybe deavers or ome springs??

5. Feb 14, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    correct, and its based on customers complaint. count your leafs people. if its 3, take it in. the tsb is based on customers complaint.

6. Feb 20, 2008 at 7:18 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Well I just called the 1-800 number. I complained about it bottoming out and gave them the TSB#. They said it is only applicable to 2005-2007 tacoma's. He has given it to a case manager to look at it. Looks like its going to be tough to get done.

7. Feb 20, 2008 at 1:57 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    just give it a little time.....toyota will revise the tsb to include 08's soon!! guaranteed!!

8. Feb 20, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    got mine back today from the dealership redoing the tsb!!(wrong parts last friday!!:rolleyes:) i definitely like the new ride and stance of my truck now!! it rides the way a truck should. its not bad at all though....as far as going over pot holes and shit......it seems to soak up the bumps more now, instead of making them stand out....to me anyway!! really glad i had this done!! we will see how good it is when i tow my boat in the next few months!!!

9. Feb 20, 2008 at 3:30 PM
    Marcola

Marcola Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Utica, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab TRD Off Road 4x4 in Silver
    TRD seat covers, Back Country tube steps, Billy 5100 at 2.5 in front, TSB w/ Toytec AAL in back, Tonneau cover, Vent visors, and a Bass Tracker PT 175 towing behind the Taco.
    I just got mine done today. I am very happy I did it. The truck handles better now plus I like the new stance as well. I work at a toyota dealership and went in to the service dept first thing in the morning to see if i could get this done to my 06 TRD Off Road Acc Cab. They had the parts in stock and I had my truck back for lunch. Awesome!

10. Feb 20, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    michigantacoowner

michigantacoowner Member

Member:
    SouthEast Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4 x 4
    Jason truck cap trailer two brake Excalibur remote car starter
    Got my truck back yesterday and love the improvement. One suggestion...the dealership where I bought the truck would not do the work. I called another local dealer and they did it! I guess I have a new dealership to work with from now on. If your dealership won't do the work for you, call around. Anyone can sell a truck. A good dealership is the one that will service it after the sale.

11. Feb 21, 2008 at 7:54 AM
    klown

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Well it looks like this TCB isn't applicable on the 2008. Toyota corporate just called me back and said that she did some research and that the rear leaf springs were redesigned for the 08's to resolve this issue. So no dice for me.

12. Feb 21, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    chris L

chris L Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 taco dbl cab , debadged 4x4 trd off road
    got mine done yesterday . I like the ride more truck like than before . its up a little in the back not sure how much , will measure and take pix when I can . Im hopefully installing my new amps and speakers this weekend .

13. Feb 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    jlvanek

jlvanek Member

Member:
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 DBL Cab
    Revtech 3" Lift, 265/70 R17 Bridgestone Dueler
    I have an '05 double cab SR5 with 40200 miles on it, and have the 100,000 extended warranty. The service manager was definatley trying to talk me out of it, saying that the ride will be "mushy" but I told him that I wanted it done anyway. He then said that my original warranty was up and that they would not consider this a faulty part. After I asked if I could call someone to ask about the warranty, he said that they would make the call. Anyway, I just got off the phone with the service guy and he said it is covered and they will get all the parts ordered. I know that someone asked about the extended warranty and if it would still cover it, and apparently it does. You just have to be a little persistant.

14. Feb 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    M2M

M2M Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bilstiens, sport 08 w/o scoop, debadged

did they ask for the VIN # of your truck ??
    it depends when your truck was made and who your dealing with
    I have an 08 and I called the 800 number, prepared with the TSP in hand ready to argue my case (same springs as the 07's)
    told them that I carry samples and Point of sale around, . - "that's why I bought the long bed, to be able to carry crap around"
    they looked up my Vin at corp. put me on hold for a few minutes and then gave me a case # and
    had the dealer call me to set up and appointment ,
    I have now heard from the salesman and sales manager and the customer relations manager at the dealership
    "we will do everything possible to make this right"
    we'll see what happens on Monday -

15. Feb 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    now quick question here...i just bought a used 06 in nov, and i do have only the 3 leaves...the truck has 57k on it when i bought it, but i bought an extended warrenty...i don't really haul stuff and haven't "bottomed out" as of yet...but here is my question...i do tow a camper (which i haven't done yet with this new taco)...so this "bottoming out" problem will that effect my towing capabilities?...like i don't want spring time to come and all of the sudden the extra weight of a 3000lb trailer make my truck bottom out...so for me is this an upgrade i should definitely do you think??:eek:

16. Feb 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    definitely get the tsb done and save yourself the headache!! it will ride alot better when you pull your camper if you have the tsb done, plus, its on toyota!!!
    trust me....you will like it!!!

17. Feb 26, 2008 at 2:03 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I went to the dealership today and they will attempt to deal with the squeaking brakes and the ticking noise. Now for the leaf springs, I decided to give the number given on here a shot first. The first call was all but useless, they told me the dealership had to determine if this needed to be done. I called again and this time made some headway, he will look into it some more and call me back in 1-3 days.

After I posted this I decided to call another dealer near by, I'll be recieving a post card letting me know when the parts arrive. I have some pictures I took this morning of my truck as it is now. I'll post more when the parts arrive.

18. Feb 29, 2008 at 10:41 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Today I got the rear springs and shocks. They installed the new springs but just 3, I was told that they are the springs and shocks that go on the 08, which are supposed to be the corrected ones. It lifted and stiffened the ride. Technically now with the tsb done our trucks are almost TRD just lacking the oil cooler. I have pics in my photos.

19. Feb 29, 2008 at 10:48 AM
    klown

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Don't forget about the LSD, on the TRD sport. It's still lacking that, the LSD is the main reason I went with the sport rather then off-road. I won't go off-roading, and for street driving the LSD is SWEET!!

20. Feb 29, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    CCRT

CCRT Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Access Cab 4X4 Indigo Ink
    Thanks for the info.....

I hope this is correct as I have an 08 TRD with a build date of 01/08 3 leaf spring pack.

I haven't hauled anything yet to test out the issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top