1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gov. shuts down a 7yr olds lemonade stand

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Yoytoda, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda [OP] The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    and for the record this isnt like some huge county fair, its a little local community art fair. lets just make it illegal to have a small business. if you want lemonade just go buy some at walmart. screw all small companies... or better yet, lets continue to tax the crap out of them and hit them with unlimited laws and permit requirments until they just go out of business then make it illegal for new ones.

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    That's the spirit...we're just saving ourselves and our children when they grow up from having to prosecute some little tax cheating shits (when they grow up) who started out by not pay taxes at their lemonade stand when they were selling the stuff. I say give them the chair.....

3. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    I bet Kim jong il has many lemonade stands

4. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Yes but therein lies the difference. HE OWNS THEM AND HE IS THE GOVT. Unlike our thieving cheating dishonest 7 year old kids who were learning a lesson in that mean old capitalistic state called AMERICA!!!

5. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    maybe he got the funds by starting a huge underground lemonade ring. screw the drugs

6. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    This whole story is pretty sad. If you look at the picture of the little girl and her sign, the sign says in very small print that the lemonade is free and the recomended donation is 50 cents. Last time I checked, it's not illegal to give away free lemonade.

7. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    If you read the whole article it states the inspector went over the line and used a bad judgment call to shut down this girl's stand. Local politicians personally called the mother to apologize and said that the closure was unnecessary. The inspector just sounds like a huge bitch.

8. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Lets keep the heat down folks.....We dont want to close the thread.

9. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
  10. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I heard the real reason why she got shut down is because the lemonade stand was a front to sell candy cigarettes.

11. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    x2. As much as I agree with the OPs post, lets try to keep it civil... please?

12. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    That would have fallen under the ATF.....ot.....A CT F??

13. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    Kawaguchi, who oversees the two county inspectors involved, said they must be fair and consistent in their monitoring, no matter the age of the person. "Our role is to protect the public," he said.

if this had been a 40 y/o man, this would have never made the news or this thread. the person doing their job has to be consistent with how the operate or there will be no end to bending the rules to suit every single infraction that may occur. that can go for any rule/law, not just this. they openly state that it is required by law. i guess the cops are dicks for citing 7 y/o's for driving cars and causing accidents too.

does the situation suck, yes

14. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    Welll now wait a minute...maybe I overreacted...you said she had a sign? Was that sign bought and paid for with stimulus money like all the other signs? Hmmmm we could be on to something here---I wonder if taxes had been paid on the candy cigarette? Only way to tell is to go undercover and buy a pack and see if they had a stamp on them. You don't think she might have an unregistered toy gun do you? So many questions! (Yes I know the politicians called and apologized for an incident that should never have happened)

15. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    The sad state of affairs is, unless you have some form or order and regulation people will stretch the bounds of decency and common sense.

It is sad that we are in the state we are in but we've brought it upon ourselves. Time and time again we find that people would rather find fault with another party than accept responsibility for their own actions.

How does this get resolved? Government involvement.

Devils advocate... the lemonade has a bacteria in it that causes 5-10 people to get sick and inadvertently kills someone's 2 year old. Who would be held responsible for allowing the 7 year old to continue without the necessary permit? I'm sorry, if my job is to enforce rules and not doing so could mean my job, my well being and possible jail time for overlooking something like this. Well then, sorry about your luck kid but you need to follow the rules.

16. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    one of these days we'll need a permit to break wind :eek:

17. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I love a good sense of humor... :laugh:

18. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    OMG! lol I'm f*cked if that ever happens!

19. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    OR they could have used a little common sense....which seems to be lacking in this case....for your knowledge in most states 7 year olds cannot committ crimes (Driving without a license). The law of culpability begins at age 8. Why age 8 you ask-----it's based on judaeo/christian belief that a child cannot commit a sin until after the age of 7. Meaning they don't understand what wrong is.....second point as a matter of law in most states....children do not commit crimes...they commit torts (civil wrong) Again as a general rule you are a child up to but not including the age of 18. You say you've read where some children are tried as an adult...you are correct after they are certified as an adult....

20. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    and what happens when those children that are under age cause damage? the parents are held responsible. something else that is missing from this case...parental responsibility. if the kid didnt know what she did was wrong, who was with her that allowed it to happen? should it have been taken out on the kid, not in this case, but the parents should have known better.

Products Discussed in

To Top