1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gov. shuts down a 7yr olds lemonade stand

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Yoytoda, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 7, 2010 at 4:07 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Heavens above now you think parents should know the tax code?:confused: I think the parents should have encouraged the kids to have a lemonade stand. What a wonderful lesson in life and a great way to enroll them in the school of hard knocks. Sorry totally disagree with you. As a free man, captalist, and educator I don't think the classroom for motivation could have been any better. And where were the teachers...most likely silently watching and helping their children understand how the greatest system int he world is operating. Next I suppose so one is going to say we should start charging sales tax at garage/yard sales? The germans (in the 80's) certainly thought this was the case when americans would sell their used clothing on the american kasernes. Isn't it bad enough that all of us should have to pay tax twice on alot of things we have now? Look at Social Security, estate tax...etc. Are going to have to pay a sales tax on our auto tag renewals. If I was one of the govt guys who approached these kids I would have bought a glass of lemonade sampled it and if I found something wrong I would have said "hey this would taste better if you wore a "hair net" or washed the serving container in some really hot water....Sorry but I just think the govt has intruded into our lives to much already....There is a line that even our govt should not cross....:eek:

2. Aug 7, 2010 at 4:27 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    this wasnt regarding the tax code....it was regarding a permit for selling food at a public event. anyone with a slight intelligence would know that you'd need to register and permit for something like that. if this was a one off thing and at their house, great...more power to ya.

3. Aug 7, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Wasn't a tax? Hmmmm I guess a permit isn't a tax or is it? I guess a marriage license isn't a tax? I guess a building permit isn't a tax? I guess a driver's license fee isn't a tax? I guess registering your bicycle with the govt isn't a tax? Registering your animals with the city (rabies tag) isn't a tax? Sure wish I was as smart as you at your age?

4. Aug 7, 2010 at 7:08 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    lol x2. they might as well find me and lock me up in the state penitentiary if it comes down to that... that way.... i can give the guards the one fingered salute as a rip off the deadliest cloud ever. :crapstorm::devil:

5. Aug 7, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    USNROBERTS

USNROBERTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PRERUNNER SR5 TRD SPORT
    Sure its not because you are a pussy?

6. Aug 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    God I love this thread....rofl......

7. Aug 7, 2010 at 1:48 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Have you ever seen one of these set up in your area? We have kids at parks, in front of stores, etc., selling drinks....I really dont think they are holding permits.

8. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That is a reason to change the law- not to say the inspectors who followed the code are bad people.

The laws are not written to support much, if any ambiguity or discretion. When there is (either because of faulty enforcement or lack of guidelines) bad things happen.

It sucks for this little girl that she had to be the one to "discover" the problem with the law while trying to sell some drinks...Too bad she was next to an anarchist when it happened. It's a great chance to learn about civics...but it appears instead it will be used to define some agenda and try to score political "points"

9. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    thats just ludicrous! nobody is going to expect you to get a permit before you fart! the US government is way too reasonable to expect that. what they will most likely do is insert a methane reader into your butthole, then force you to buy carbon offsets depending on how much of the ozone they predict you will deplete. Now in my mind, that is a perfectly fair compromise

10. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i've read all posts and both sides have some good arguments, but this is how i see it. since there was an event, i can kinda see upholding the law. if i were a vendor who had lemonade on the menu some kid was selling it 3 feet down for only .50 and i paid for a permit and she didn't, i would be pissed. so yeah, i guess in this particular instance, it kind of makes sense. however, on a regular day to day basis, a permit for a lemonade stand is completely insane

11. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:36 AM
    robgoblin

robgoblin Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-road
    i second that :)

Products Discussed in

To Top