1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper’s New Born From Hospital

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Packman73, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Oct 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Sounds like a perfectly legit reason to take the baby into protective custody.

2. Oct 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Very good job explaining this!

3. Oct 9, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    From what I've seen and heard, they are a group of current or former military and LEO personnel who hold to their original oaths given when entering service: "against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

I certainly don't see them as loonies, and tend to think we have nearly as many enemies in US public office as we do in some foreign countries. That being the case, it's not "dissidence", as you call it, it's patriotism.

4. Oct 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Nice drudge work.

So basically this is a couple that can't care for kids but keeps having them and is trying to play the social services removal of their child from their custody as some sort of evidence that the Big Bad Gubbermint is out of control.

5. Oct 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Case closed.

6. Oct 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    And additionally, they claim to make pledges about these behaviors, which could, depending on circumstances, directly cause them to disobey orders from the standing, legitimate military chain of command:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/

Patriotism is such a vague term with so many definitions, slippery and impossible to fully define. Nationalism would be more accurate. Some people may interpret military personnel following orders from their superiors as patriotic since...I dunno...that's exactly how military chain of command works. And as you just noted, members of military, including order-issuing superiors, have sworn an Oath of Service to the US.

If you disagree with office holders, as many of including myself do, vote them out.

If sufficient votes are not available to unseat the policy makers you disagree with, then perhaps you should assess whether or not the country is still one you want to live in.

7. Oct 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    I voted against the current regime two years ago and have every intention of voting against them again and again- but neither will I vote for the Republican party as a whole. Since I've already been shut down in this forum for raising political issues, I'll refrain from spelling out my thoughts at this moment, but rest assured leaving my country is not one of those thoughts. In fact, being a fair part "native American", I cannot see that leaving would be anything but utter capitulation and cowardice better left for somewhat less hardy folk.

It seems that the issue of the "baby snatching" was in fact a ploy on the part of less than capable parents to sensationalize the issue using a legitimate organization as cover, and thus eroding that organization's legitimacy. That's my 2 cents.

8. Oct 9, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

You can roll it into PM if you want. I'm actually a civil person and enjoy the exchange of thoughts. Your call.

Products Discussed in

To Top