1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Government shut down?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Blackdawg, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Your girlfriend likes my member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 6-Speed
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx | PrInSu
  2. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    CoTacoTRD

CoTacoTRD He who walk with a Cane

Member:
    First Name:
    Gramps
    Colorado! Where else?
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Well the wife is out of work. She works for DOI. We are lucky for the moment that we both have good jobs. Give it a month and it will start to get tight. What most of the sheep in society don't know is this shut down and reopen will cost more then the little they save while most are furloughed.

It's time to clean house next election.

3. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    virginiamarine

virginiamarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    FJCruiser/Double cab Tacoma
    It's sorta strange to me hearing some people say "they don't care" only because it clearly shows that "we" as a country can't function on a day to day basis. We're the ones who put these douchebags up there and no matter where you stand (far right, far left, wherever) it means something is broken (especially communication). I'm here....in the "beltway" and this affects me directly. What bothers me is the tax dollars being wasted, revenue lost, and many things on hold that some of you might not even know about let alone care. But, for those who rely on these programs, contracts, loans, plans, processes....this just added major unnecessary stress to their lives. This will cost us more in the long run...it's the cascading affect.
    I agree with everyone on the "what's good for the public should be good for everyone on the hill" argument.

4. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    Boone

Boone Vaginas are rad.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB MGM Sport 4x4
    K&N, charcoal filter delete, ABS kill switch, YWM. 5100's @2.5'', Progressive AAL, Wet Okole Covers, Weather Tech Liners, 285/75/16 KM2's, FJ Anthracite Trail Teams, MGM HLM...
    I just feel sorry for all of the people that have paychecks that depend on these indecisive DB's. If anyone should have to go sans paycheck, it should be the House and Senate.

5. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    Well it really is noting but a show of Power. I am no longer associated with any Gov. Thank God. My wife is Critical Staff so she will be taking on the workload of people that work over in VA. Senate and Congress need to pull up their big boy undies and come up with A BALANCED budget. I mean how hard could it be? We as homeowners and business owners do it all the time, just on a smaller scale! We as Citizens should never have to pay to enter or use a National park or monument that our tax dollars are used to take care of in most manners. The real issues of our nation will be put aside and ignored. Welcome to the real world DC.

6. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:19 AM
    WyoRoam

WyoRoam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Tallahassee
    1st HomerTaco Ghost Raptor Grille, Softtopper

Yep. We came in this morning for 4 hours to shut the refuge down.

FYI for anyone who wheels on federal public lands, expect locked gates for the time being, unless that land is managed through a MOU with other local governments.

7. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    mad monk

mad monk Well-Known Member

Member:
    mid atlantic
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD SR5 DCLB
    basics - westin nerf bars, extang tonno audio - JVC HU w/ axxess interface mod misc - screen cover for cabin air intake. Weathertech floor mats front & rear.
    well now we've done it, a great site for tacoma owners is now digressing into the wonderful world of politics, proceed with caution!

count me in as an "I don't care".
    will mail get delivered - YES
    will planes take off & land - YES
    will you still get taxed - YES
    will illegal aliens still get welfare checks - YES

only time a politician cares about what you say is when you contribute millions to their re-election campaign.

got Au, Ag & Pb?

BTW -Who is John Galt?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  8. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:29 AM
    JPC2061

JPC2061 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J.P.
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black SR5
    Weather tech Floor liners, Flash Light mod, MBRP Exhaust, Grille Guard, Tinted Taillights, Side Steps, Front Windows Tinted to match rear, De badged
    This means I get to make my own rules now, right?

9. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    x2. I don't understand how those guys can make a decision to put thousands out of work, yet those morons are still getting paid. If I show up to work and DON'T DO MY JOB, I don't get paid. If thousands of people who are barely eeking by on a tight budget have to feel the squeeze, the people voted in who made that happen ought to have their livelihood cut down as well.

10. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg [OP] Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96.5 FrankenTaco & 03 Stock dbl cab
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,

they can't. In the article i posted it explains. Some members do feel they do not deserve pay either and "say" they are going to donate their pay or not except it.

But there is a law that literally blocks them from not getting paided.

11. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 WRB WRX
    It's a wagon
    FTFY

12. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    Brodie

Brodie Gear Jammer

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Magnetic Gray Double Cab
  13. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I know that, it's actually even worse. Those jackasses actually thought about this in the past and thought to protect themselves in this type of event. Something like that should never have passed to begin with but that's beside the point here.

I'll believe it when I see some of them 'not accept' or donate their pay.

14. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    HBtaco02

HBtaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    02 4wd SR5 TRD
    ARB Front Locker grey wire mod Camburg UCA's Extended Kings All-Pro expo's 10" Bilstien Brute Force Hybrid front bumper Smitty XRC8
    I am sorry for those of you out of work. But Washington is broken. Obama care was pasted with bribes and shady backroom deals. This is what is needed to defund the unaffordable care act. The majority of Americans don't want Obama care. Where I live my current health insurance would triple. How is that affordable.

15. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma Limited
    Deck Plate, '17 rims, 2" spacers, Tundra Brake Upgrade, 3" Coilover/shackle lift, 01-04 Center Console, Ultragauge, LED interior lights, HO alternator...
    In ten years we will struggle to remember that this even happened.

The United States Federal Government has shut down on 18 occasions since 1976

16. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    T4C0CH40S

T4C0CH40S RINZLER

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE RECTIFIED PRERUNNER
    ADS Racing Shocks | Dirt King | KMF | Pelfreybilt | BruteForceFab | Total Chaos | HomerTaco | Toywerx | Tepui | Toyo Tires | Stealth Custom Series | Stealth Runner 8 | SDHQ | MaxTrac | TRS | Morimoto | Rigid Industries | VIP | Jumpers LEDs | Wet Okoles | Trailer Products | McNeil Racing | ECGS | AFe CAI | IAS | ...Check out my RECTIFIED BUILD>>>>>>>>>>>
    Working for free today guys...atleast my brother and everyone in the military still get their paycheck...I'll just continue securing the border for free while they grant illegals citizenship and pay for their medical shit

17. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg [OP] Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96.5 FrankenTaco & 03 Stock dbl cab
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,
    true..due to what is point out below. Its not the first time.

there have been MANY worse things passed then Obama care in the past that are all Corporate driven. Thats what sad is our government is more corporate controlled then people controlled.

this whole ordeal though could lead to even more uprising of the people though to bring back the power of the vote.

But who knows. Like Chipskip pointed out, its happened a lot before. But who knows how the context of this time will change how the pulblic reacts.

thats what will be interesting.

18. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Harbor Freight 110v welder garage fab parts.
    No way this thread is making it past lunch....

19. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:53 AM
    mr2snob

mr2snob Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    13 4x4 SR5 Manual
    Wife works for the CDC so she's out today also. I don't know if cleaning out the house and senate since you could get some worse people in there. I would say we need to have a group of people that can disagree but still be willing to give and take at times. I'm sure I'm dreaming but this two sided nation can't last that long, it's all about give and take.

Obamacare was voted on and accepted. Regardless how, it is now law. Stop beating a dead horse and move on. I don't think holding thousands of jobs hostage to try and defund something you as a minority (lost the vote) want is the right action to take. If Obamacare fails, you can say "see, we actually know what we are talking about" but if it works, then you come out looking really bad. Personally I don't think it will work, but it can be tweeked to make it better, the base idea is sound.

20. Oct 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    The only way this doesn't go past lunch is if someone locks them in a room and keeps sending them pictures of a lunch cart outside the locked door. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top