1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grab handle question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by dirttrax, Aug 26, 2010.

1. dirttrax

dirttrax [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does any body know of any aftermarket ones to replace the factory one inside the cab, or some kind of extension to add to it. My little girl even with the sliders can barely reach the handle and she actually fell out the other day trying to get in, so was just wondering if there was any options with out lowering the sliders, or truck, lol.

2. LFH

LFH Active Member

Member:
    Spring, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma 4x4
    I haven't a clue, so will say none.
    They don't stay little very long. Just give her a boost.

3. ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Get a belt or rope and make a handle that will adjust.

4. Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Thats what I'd recommend as well. I'd suggest putting in a piece of plastic tube of some sort to stop the handle from closing in when using it as well. Cheap, easily removed, and works.

If you really want something made to do it, EK Accessories makes a ton of different handles and other things (http://www.ekusa.com) I'm sure you'll be able to find something that'll work.

5. zeeya2000

zeeya2000 Cajun Taceaux

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Bad-Ass PreRunner
    Flowmaster super 10 series turndowns/ Volant CAI system/ Alpine deck, Alpine bass speakers throughtout with tweeters, Alpine PLT-5 Sub/ Blacked out front bumper and door handles/ 5% and 20% tint/ Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks all the way around with a 1.5'' block lift in the rear/ also removed my running boards and mudflaps/ Blacked out badges - TRD windshield banner - TRD third brake light cover (all courtesy of SockMonkey)
    Oh you mean the OH SHIT HANDLES. yea i do not believe they make aftermarket ones. only OEM style.
    that would be pretty cool to make your own with a rope, plastic, etc...
    then you can make a write up for it and call it the "oh shit handle mod"

6. dirttrax

Member:
    LOL, yeah thats what im talking bout. She loves the truck and loves for me to pick her up at school but, she told me she is worried bout falling out at school in front of her friends. And she sure dont want them to see you help her get in. (girls):D

7. zeeya2000

zeeya2000 Cajun Taceaux

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Bad-Ass PreRunner
    Flowmaster super 10 series turndowns/ Volant CAI system/ Alpine deck, Alpine bass speakers throughtout with tweeters, Alpine PLT-5 Sub/ Blacked out front bumper and door handles/ 5% and 20% tint/ Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks all the way around with a 1.5'' block lift in the rear/ also removed my running boards and mudflaps/ Blacked out badges - TRD windshield banner - TRD third brake light cover (all courtesy of SockMonkey)
    haha of course i know how they can be, how old?
    you should have lessons on how to enter and exit the vehicle in a "cool" and foolproof way

8. dirttrax

Member:
    6 and 7, Lessons? Heck she/they know it all already.:D

9. zeeya2000

zeeya2000 Cajun Taceaux

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Bad-Ass PreRunner
    haha yea, well atleast they think they do.
    but we will never tell em that

To Top