1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Graduated Naval Hospital Corps School today!!!

Discussion in 'Military' started by Sheepdog, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Apr 14, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    Hahaha. That's exactly where I want to be. My class only had one spot for 1st Marine Division and the kid who was 2nd in line snatched it. I picked 5th but eventhough I knew he was gonna grab it, I still told the detailer that I wanted divisional orders to 1st Mar Div. Unfortunately there wasn't any more, but there were a few to 2nd Mar Div. I didn't take any of those because my HM1 told me that the Navy isn't likely to send someone from coast to coast. So If I was on the east coast for my 1st 2 years, I probably wouldn't be able to get 1st Mar Div orders next time around. I picked orders to the Naval Hospital in Lemoore, Ca because it's only 4 hours from home and I'm more likely to get divisional orders to 1st Mar Div next time I'm up to pick. I was really heartbroken when I found out I couldn't to where I wanted but hopefully I'll get there soon.

2. Apr 14, 2011 at 3:31 PM
    ChewbacaTW

ChewbacaTW My progeny will be awesome!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    K&N air intake, custom exhaust, Powerslot Brakes, urethane steering rack bushings
    Grats man!!! how was corpman school? lots of studying?

3. Apr 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch

Thanks. It was pretty damn hard. Every week I had to learn something new, then take a test, then start on the next subject. It's VERY fast paced and hard to retain the bulk of the information. But the Navy is shutting NHCS Great Lakes down in July and moving it to Texas. I have no idea what the course is suppose to be like down there though. Hopefully a bit longer and a little more invlolved than it was here.

4. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    CoalMedic

CoalMedic Molon Labe

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner SR5
    AVS Rock Guard, in channel visors, Ranch topper, Alpine INA-900BT
    Congrats Doc!
    Going for your FMF pin?

I'm here today because the your brethren patched me up when I was punctured one day in Iraq a long time ago.
    Semper Fi.

5. Apr 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Make sure you PT like a Marine, too!

To Top