1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grass in Colorado (or just Kentucky Bluegrass in general)

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Boyk1182, May 19, 2020.

1. Aug 7, 2022 at 1:59 PM
    Boyk1182

Boyk1182 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Your yard looks good in that last picture. Mine is decent looking but we have a crabgrass problem this year. It’s not just my yard, it’s all the yards around and the common area grass. I haven’t done much because there is so much, but I’m wondering how it will look next year. I think the crabgrass will die and leave a lot of bare spots but we’ll see.

svdude[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Aug 7, 2022 at 4:04 PM
    svdude

svdude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jonathan
    Thanks. I had crabgrass in the last picture. If you see the bottom left corner it starts a somewhat bare spot. I didn’t get it in the photo but I have a bunch of baby burmuda grass growing.

Boyk1182[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 7, 2022 at 5:38 PM
    Boyk1182

Boyk1182 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    I’m probably at 10%+ crabgrass in the front yard, the backyard isn’t so bad. It’s so bad I don’t want to kill it, the yard overall looks good. I’m thinking of aerating and overseeing this fall so maybe the good grass can choke out the bad stuff.

4. Aug 7, 2022 at 7:14 PM
    svdude

svdude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jonathan
    Luckily, mine was just in one spot so I dug it up.

I’m not smart enough on grass to say what causes it and how to prevent it. It’s definitely ugly though.

Boyk1182[OP] likes this.
  5. Aug 8, 2022 at 7:33 AM
    JustAddMud

JustAddMud Professional Grease Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Summerville SC
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 TRD OR
    Yes
    Prodiamine as a pre-emergent for next year. It wont really do much for existing crab grass. If you don't want to interfere with your fertilizer regimen, you can get this bottle and spray it down with a backpack sprayer. I use the powder stuff and add it to my last treatment for the year. There is a specific mixing order to follow if you are tank mixing your liquid agents.

Quinclorac as a post-emergent. If you are dead set on removing pesky crab grass from cool season lawns, then this is what you'd want to apply. To help this one work, apply it with a surfactant of some sort like a mixture of dawn dish soap and water for example.

Yard's looking good fellas. Those dead spots looks just like what you suspect as not getting enough water. When in doubt, water it out! The dog vomit fungus is a new one to me, I would assume there would be a tailored fungicide that would treat that.

-J

Boyk1182[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
To Top