1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GraveYard Shift BS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mondwa, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2017 at 11:14 PM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Resident Otaku

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Long Bed V6 SR5 4x4 "Morrighan"
    Rain visors, Fog Light Anytime, Uniden 505xl CB Radio and 5 foot Firestick antenna, RTMR Fuse box, Mobtown Offroad Recovery Bar with 2" Receiver Tube, OME standard kit
    I dont, i try to keep sunday/monday off days so i can schedule appointments on mondays, otherwise its a vacation day wasted.

Key-Rei, robssol and Matic like this.
  2. Dec 5, 2017 at 12:14 AM
    Matic

Matic Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    2002 TRD prerunner,SR5, doublecab
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
    I've got enough seniority to have 1st shift. The person on 1st shift now is out on medical leave and won't be back for a while.
    Since its a temp move by the company, we even get to keep our 10% nite shift bonus going to 1st.
    Honestly...the only reason I'm not taking the position is because I'm single/no kids. I'm giving it up to give someone on 3rds who has very little seniority, a chance to atleast have 6 months to be back with their family and live like a normal person.

Edit: oh. And the fact that everyone on 1st shift in my area are total assholes. :)

Key-Rei, robssol, Sammy Sosa and 2 others like this.
  3. Dec 5, 2017 at 12:36 AM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
    Picked up a 2012 reissue Kramer Beretta. This will be #14 of my collection.
    Going full retard on this one and building a Kramer EVH Frankenstrat and dropping my OFR in it.
    Going to be a sweet project.

Screenshot_20171128-084334.jpg
    Screenshot_20171128-085246.jpg

Key-Rei likes this.
  4. Dec 5, 2017 at 12:45 AM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    I built a guitar once in HS. Never learned how to play it though. I did it for the art of the wood rather than to have an instrument. I’ll have to get a picture for you next time I’m digging through the attic.

Matic likes this.
  5. Dec 5, 2017 at 1:11 AM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    Thats awesome. I did the same thing my junior yr. "83". Had no idea what intonation was or the fact that the distance between the nut and the 12th fret had to be the same as the 12th fret to the bridge. Not to mention the strings were an inch of the fretboard. Lol. It was great walking around with it from class to class though.

6. Dec 5, 2017 at 5:14 PM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, fix it anyway! It's your money!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, ACLB
    Fog lights mod, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED hood lights by tacodane, Rampage 22" LED light bar, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch.
    Very noble of you...
    until the last sentence. Then it makes perfect sense!:D

Signed by EVH?

First night back last night. 9.5hrs. Had a Brownout=Alot of running around chasing various alarms:frusty:

Matic likes this.
  7. Dec 5, 2017 at 6:05 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    Not signed. Just painted up as my version of his frankenstrat.
    Just sitting on the couch waiting for the alarm to go off.
    Welcome back. How you feeling since you've been back?

robssol likes this.
  8. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:10 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    In. 3 of 5.

Just pissed off 2 whole shifts. Since its slow around here. They are asking for 2 people out of 15 in my job class to take 6 weeks off paid time.

I'm 2nd highest senior. :)

koditten and Sammy Sosa like this.
  9. Dec 5, 2017 at 10:03 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    What benefit is it for the company to pay you not to come to work?

Matic likes this.
  10. Dec 5, 2017 at 10:15 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    The company is not footing the entire bill.
    We have what is called "IEA". Income extention aid.
    For every year of service, they set aside 1 weeks gross paycheck.
    The state (Unemployment) pays whatever it's current weekly rate is. Say....$400/wk.
    Then out of my "IEA" fund...my company pays the rest of what I would have made on a regular 40 hr work week.
    It's one of the better benefits we have during "TLOW". Temporary lack of work. Or a full blow layoff.

The other great thing is, after a tlow or full blown layoff, the company replaces every dollar that was used out of his "IEA" acct after the first full 8 hr shift.

11. Dec 5, 2017 at 10:18 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:

Sounds fancy, around here a lay off means your on your own.

Matic likes this.
  12. Dec 5, 2017 at 10:24 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    The other great benefit is guaranteed 5 year recall rights. They have to hire the people laid off 1st before anyone is hired off the streets. I took advantage of this back in 2001 when I first moved here. We were on the bubble, putting 280 turbine units out the door. The bubble burst, Enron happened and I was out the door.
    Moved back home to indiana for 4 yrs and 11 months, and they called me back with all my seniority +1 year of continuity of service from the time I was laid off.

robssol, Key-Rei and santas212 like this.
  13. Dec 6, 2017 at 1:21 AM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, fix it anyway! It's your money!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, ACLB
    Fog lights mod, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED hood lights by tacodane, Rampage 22" LED light bar, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch.
    For some reason my legs are sore as hell:notsure: The rest of me is fine:thumbsup:

Matic likes this.
  14. Dec 6, 2017 at 1:30 AM
    easleycrawler

easleycrawler Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2005 Black Access Cab 6 Speed
    I haven't posted in here in quite some time. But I'm still here, doing the graveyard shift.

robssol and santas212 like this.
  15. Dec 6, 2017 at 1:39 AM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    What do you do all night Easley?

16. Dec 6, 2017 at 1:41 AM
    easleycrawler

Member:
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Mix industrial dyes, run them through sand mills and on easy night's, hold a forklift down. 8:30pm to 6:30 am.

17. Dec 6, 2017 at 1:46 AM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Does that mean you make colored sand for a living?

18. Dec 6, 2017 at 1:49 AM
    easleycrawler

Member:
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    No. The sand mills we run the dye through, actually grinds the dye, get all the grit from the powder out of it. Some of the dyes will past from one tank to another, through the mills, for about a week and some will be good after a couple days.

santas212 likes this.
  19. Dec 6, 2017 at 3:58 AM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    You work in Easley or gville?

20. Dec 6, 2017 at 4:15 AM
    easleycrawler

Member:
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Greenville. At Donaldson Center, right off perimeter Rd.

Matic likes this.
To Top