1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grease Zerks on 07 4x4 Offroad

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OffroadToy, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Sep 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    I was under the impression there were 5 zerks total on my 2007 offroad 4x4...all on the 2 piece drive shaft (propeller shaft and slide yokes). I just read there could be up to 8 zerks. Are there zerks common to the front drive shaft thrust bushings?

2. Sep 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    believe both ends of the front driveshaft.
    one on each u-joint and one on the slide shaft?

3. Sep 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    MassTaco

MassTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    V6 4x4 SR5 DC AT5
    There are 5 zerk fittings total, one on each u-joint. On the three rear driveshaft the zerks stick out on the outside of one of the 4 u-joint bearings on each joint, on the front driveshaft the zerks are located in the center of the joint.

To Top