1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Great price on Smittybilt / N-Fab nerf bars?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Buzzoff, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Feb 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff [OP] Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    Hi everyone!! I've been looking for the N-Fab nerf bars for my 2009 DC TRD. I have seen the color matched and black one's on other trucks and wanted to do something different. I decided to go with the stainless and see how they look.

I recognized that the part # was the exact same part # as the N-Fabs (in addition to the Smittybilt's having the name N-Fab in the description).

So I call Missy (easily the friendliest Customer service person ever) at N-Fab and give her the part #'s. She advised my that N-Fab and Smittybilt work in conjunction with one another and that they are indeed the same bars. Since N-Fab is about 20 minutes away from my house, I tell her the price and ask if she can match it. She was astonished at the price too and said that she could not come close to it.

Anyway I order them and he said they should be at the store on Monday. If you are considering buying any, I think this is the time. He said if for some reason I didn't want them, they could be returned directly to the store I pick them up at. If anyone has come across a better price please let me know.....but I think this is a pretty good deal!!! LMK what yall think!!!!

2. Feb 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    shrekdaogre

shrekdaogre Well-Known Member

Member:
    So.Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Dbl Cab
    Toy Tec Ultimate Lift, TC UCA's, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat , tail gate ext.
    hey , Im considering the same ones. Great price. Post some pics when you get them installed.

3. Aug 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    Hybridctr

Hybridctr Well-Known Member

Member:
    So I called 4 Wheel Parts and they explained N-Fab does the private labeling job for Smittybilt except its not really that great of a private labeling job since they just put a new Smittybilt box over the EXACT same N-Fab bars. Both bars actually say N-Fab on them.

With Smittybilt being about $50-60 cheaper. Why would anyone buy N-Fab if they dont know the above info?

I'm looking to get a set today so was wondering if i'm missing something..

Thanks,

David

4. Aug 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    dand

dand You can't see me

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    SE VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 MBM TRD Offroad MT
    1st stage commencing