1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greetings from New Mexico

Discussion in 'New Members' started by kclyons, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:16 PM
    kclyons

kclyons [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    ABQ, NM
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Hello everyone. I just bought a new 2016 TRD off-road last month. The worst part was that I had to garage it for two weeks after I bought it because I had to visit family on the east coast. I managed to cope with this sadness by watching youtube and reading about my truck so I could jump right in when I got back.

[​IMG]

Anyways, I am back now and excited to start tinkering, wheeling, camping/overlanding, and everything else that a Tacoma is great for.

I am a prior 2014 FJ Cruiser owner and reluctantly traded the FJ for this truck. I got a killer trade in since FJs seem to be in demand out here, and wanted a truck anyways for added versatility for what I want to do. Besides, these new Tacos look freakin' sweet.

My main goal for this truck is to find a nice balance between an adventure/overland vehicle and a sort-of daily driver (I drive my wife's subaru to work when she works from home, usually about 2 days a week and use the sub around town as the grocery getter). My first goal is to get a shell and move on to a roof rack and roof top tent. After that I'm sure my list will keep growing, but the idea is to keep it relatively subtle, but still capable as a weekend and extended trip adventure vehicle.

Speaking of adventures...I am most likely going to be going to Canyonlands NP over the Thanksgiving Day weekend and doing White Rim and maybe a few other routes for her maiden voyage if anyone is interested in meeting up or joining. Just PM for details!!

2. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:39 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.

Products Discussed in

To Top