1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greetings from Oregon (and soliciting advice)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by owslystnly, May 23, 2016.

1. May 23, 2016 at 8:44 PM
    owslystnly

owslystnly [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    G37S Sedan 6MT
    Thinking about moving on from the fun I have had with my G37 to a truck. Seems to make more sense here in Oregon. I didn't think my moditis could get any worse, until I started poking around on this site!

On the fence between buying a Taco DC TRD OR (also undecided between SB or LB, auto or manual) or Tundra Crewmax. Noticing the Tacoma doesn't give me much more room in the rear than the car for a child seat. But the taco seems to be more practical around town, off road, and on fuel. I am open to any advice anybody here has to offer. Also, on the fence between manual and auto. Been driving manual for the past 17 years, hard to give up. But the traffic here is making me want to go auto. I'm also open to the idea of crawl control, seems neat. Open to everybody's opinions, so let's hear'em :popcorn:

(FYI, the truck I test drove today had a long shift delay between P>R>D, couldn't convince the sales guy to check the tranny fluid on the test drive :thumbsup:)

2. May 23, 2016 at 8:47 PM
    Launch21v

Launch21v Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD sport dclb 4x4 tech pack w/jbl white
    I have 2 car seats in the back of mine. I bought in Corvallis. They're great to work with there. Good luck on a new truck.

3. May 23, 2016 at 9:02 PM
    owslystnly

owslystnly [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    G37S Sedan 6MT
    How far forward do you have your front seats moved up to accommodate those? Rear facing seats seem to be a PITA

4. May 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM
    Launch21v

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    I bought convertible seats. Britax boulevard click tight. I'm not tall so it wasn't an issue. In California they can turn around at 2 years old and face forward.

5. May 23, 2016 at 9:08 PM
    owslystnly

owslystnly [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    G37S Sedan 6MT
    I'm working with the Chicco Keyfit 30's.

Mind mentioning who you worked with at the dealer in Corvalis? Haven't liked many of the salespeople I've worked with in the portland area.

6. May 23, 2016 at 9:10 PM
    Launch21v

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    Not familiar with them. I'd take it to the dealer and put it in the truck and see how it fits. If you only have one I put it in the center seat until we had our daughter as well and moved the seats behind the driver and passenger.

7. May 24, 2016 at 1:54 AM
    Ridgeline001

Ridgeline001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB Sport 4wd
    Call and ask for Scott. I purchased my first new Toyota from him in 93 and he is still there but is now the floor sales manager. I'm sure he has a favorite salesman to hook you up with. That is what I did in 14 and pretty much made the deal over the phone.

8. May 24, 2016 at 5:37 AM
    Launch21v

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    Call and ask for Kyran or email her kyranp@toyotaofcorvallis.com I got mine for $2300 under msrp. Tell her Corey on Tacoma world sent you and she'll hook you up with the same deal.

9. May 24, 2016 at 10:52 AM
    owslystnly

owslystnly [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    G37S Sedan 6MT
    I'm so glad I setup an email account for the dog when sending out initial requests to car dealers to get a feel for if a articular car is in stock and what prices they want. The Dog loves getting new email. Larson group seems to be the worst offender around here.

10. Jun 1, 2016 at 6:57 AM
    owslystnly

owslystnly [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    G37S Sedan 6MT
    I ended up with a 2016 Tundra Crewmax SR5 w/ SR5 upgrade and TRD OR, White. Interior of the Tacoma was too small for our needs. Having said that, I suppose I'll have to register over on Tundras.com now :annoyed:

Personally, I would avoid Beaverton Toyota. We got stuck on a $500 difference in price, so I walked. Seemed silly given all dealers have Tundras on the lots. Called Wilsonville Toyota, who had the same truck, told them the story, they laughed and sold me a truck. Ended up being about $725 cheaper than I originally planned with trade. Maybe could have done better if I traveled around the PNW, but I was content.

(Also, FWIW, I also saw a coworker at Beaverton Toyota while I was there. Talked to them yesterday, they also didn't buy a car there, also walked due to a few $100's difference. I have no loyalty to dealers, but I obviously recommended the salesperson I worked with down in Wilsonville).

Products Discussed in

To Top