1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grill material.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by theinjected1, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    theinjected1

theinjected1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Parker, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 access cab TRD
    Up in the air, big a$$ tires.
    What do you guys think of this for a satoshi grill? Hexagons are about 3/4" across, pretty sturdy too. It is a 1970's screen door protector at my brother's house. I think it might be cool/different.

[​IMG]

2. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double cab 4x4
    seconday air filter removal, tw sticker afe pro dry s filter , black rims , cb radio with four foot firestik antenna,black nasta nerf bars,5100's in the rear,mp3 player hookup,led overhead light,5100's up front @ 1.75, rear AAL,custom dent package,blacked out rear bumper, blacking out front grille,camo gt seat covers , 6k HIDs, 6k fogs coming, devil horns grille mod,elite offroad aluminum bumper,Canadoshi grille mod.light bar behind the grille with bright lights coming sooner or later
    not my thing, but hey, it's your truck, so whatever makes your hair blow back. :D I got mine off ebay for about 30 bucks and change.

3. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    make sure you get it centered or it'll look pretty bad

4. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T|X Baja
    Supercharged
  5. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    theinjected1

theinjected1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Parker, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 access cab TRD
    Up in the air, big a$$ tires.
    It was actually his idea (he has a '09 double cab so he knows the grills, i have into'ed him to the sight), and said to turn it 90 degrees. I told him hell no to the 90 degree adjustment. But maybe the grill.

6. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    I think the material is so thin that you woulnd't even be able to tell there's a grill at all from over 20 feet away or so.

7. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    Looks quite thin and it just doesn't look like it blocks enough for me. It will really open up the radiator and has a chicken wire kind of look. :(

8. Jun 11, 2010 at 12:28 AM
    Tacovette

Tacovette NUB

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DBL CAB V6
    3" lift Volant intake w/ram air scoop DC1 Wheels BF AT 33's Grillcraft Grille Satoshi Grille (I get bored) Xeon Headlights LED Tail lights Custom rock guard/step De-badged ARB bumper w/fogs Rotors cross drilled Braided brake lines Wet Okole covers Stereo stuff

I have to agree it does look a bit thin. Since you already have the material you can try it out and see what it look like. If you dont like it just change out the mesh. I've been thinking of re-modifying my grille using the woven mesh.
    http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/APSA70002N.htm# if you want custom try some of the tuner sites they always have grille material for their bodykits.

9. Jun 11, 2010 at 5:05 AM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 Dbl Cab LB 4x4 TRD
    Toytec CO's, IRONMAN rear leaf pack, All pro front bumper, Body Armor rear bumper, BA steps MB TKO's w/285/75/16 Terra Grapplers, Bakflip tonneau cover, autopage remote start alarm, Ultragauge
    Agree with being too thin and too transparent to hide the radiator..etc... Different but I really think with the screen material, it will cause way too much resistance while driving that it will collapse cruising down the highway..Besides that, you know how often you have to clean it to get the bugs out of the screen? Just trying to save you the trouble because once you cut for a satoshi, there's no turning back..Good luck..
    [​IMG]

10. Jun 11, 2010 at 5:47 AM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    Try to test it a little. Put it down on the ground about 25-30' and try to trow some small stones at it. If you consider that provides enough resistance ???, Hey, is your truck. Just remember that the trucks, on the Highway, are trowing the stones at you a lot harder. It is definetelly different and I, personally, think that is OK to be different.

To Top