1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GrillCraft TRD emblem question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NFK, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Jan 7, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    NFK

NFK [OP] Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    hey guys, i got my Grill Craft this xmas and put her on and it looks awsome !!

next i got the trd embelm that alot of people on here do and stuck her in the right hand corner i love the look!

just had a question tho it protrudes out due to the backing where the screws go into and its not flush with the gril, was just woundering if yours are like that also or if u found a way to make it flush with the gril

thanks guys

2. Jan 7, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Debadged, GC Mesh Grill, Yellow Fogs, Color Matched Headlights w/ Retros, Diff Breather Mod; mickey thompson classic IIs, 5100s, toytec springs, Dakar Leaf pack, ss brake lines, Lots more...just check the build page.
    Yea, thats the same problem I ran in to. I cut off the posts on trd emblem (which caused it to stick out so far) used some jb weld and threaded a post on the back, stuck it through the grille and bolted it up. Works great!! Fwiw, it does stick out, but not nearly what it did when I first received the emblem. You wouldnt know its not flush mounted unless looking for it.

3. Jan 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    06TRDsport

06TRDsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 F250 Diesel and 1999 4Runner
    I cut the posts off and used 3M double sided trim tape to hold it on. I've had mine on for a year now with no problems.

4. Jan 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    georgeandkanoa

georgeandkanoa the point is simply this

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd
    bilstein5100's front tinted windows access cover pioneer stereo weathertechs grillcraft grill kc's behind cbi sliders
  5. Jan 7, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    ^^^^ x2

To Top