1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grille Suround

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Anthony999, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jan 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    Anthony999

Anthony999 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    Is there a way to paint your grille suround yourself? I dont really want to pay a shop to do it, and I want it to match the truck. I have a base reg cab, and the suround is a silver/gray color.

2. Jan 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    chilic82

chilic82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    07 DC PreRunner SR5
    More than likely it will be cheaper to pay a shop. If you don't have the tools it will take an air compressor, paint gun, paint and prep tools. Unless you are talented in the paint and body area and plan on doing more yourself. I would just take it off and hand it to the shop.

3. Jan 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    pretty simple.....................prep is key. clean it up real good with laquer thinner,scuff the entire area you intend to paint,wipe with laquer thinner again, and be sure to use some adhesion promoter before you paint it. then paint it.........light coats til its fully covered...letting it dry between coats.

Products Discussed in

To Top