1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

grocery store shopping

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by jefferson, Apr 22, 2010.

1. May 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    Tracy

Tracy The Silver blurr...

Member:
    First Name:
    TRACY
    SoCAL. IE, SGV, LA. :D
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport Edition PreRunner
    Chrome tube steps. Because a lady needs a help up when wearing a dress. :)
    that's cute! your gf's?

2. May 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Booger is her's...she's a lil black and white kitty

Oreo is mine...a 32lb Maincoon also black and white :cool:

3. May 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :rofl:

Thats fuckin funny! But true!!!! :D

4. May 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Booger
    [​IMG]

Oreo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. May 4, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    me too...its shaky as hell :laugh:

6. May 4, 2010 at 12:44 AM
    Tracy

Tracy The Silver blurr...

Member:
    First Name:
    TRACY
    SoCAL. IE, SGV, LA. :D
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport Edition PreRunner
    Chrome tube steps. Because a lady needs a help up when wearing a dress. :)
    my sister in law as 2 cats and my dog always tries to go near her cats but i'm scared they're gonna claw the shit out of my dog. her mother has about 3 cats. these two women have the fatest F*en cats i've ever seen in my life. and 2 of 'em are furry as hell, one of 'em is named pumpkin and looks like one, too. lol. i'll ask for pictures to post 'em.

7. May 4, 2010 at 12:46 AM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Nice! :D

8. May 4, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    Leadgolem

Leadgolem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 2.7L 4x4 stick
    Herculiner bed liner, White LED instrument lights, Custom painted hood, Homemade leather steering wheel wrap, Avic u310bt gps stereo, 1.5" bushwacker fender flares, 1.25" bilstein lift front, 1" shackle lift rear, rear bilstein 5100 shocks, ridiculous helper spring lift rear, wet okole seat covers, mutilated exhaust, boom mat under hood
    Here's a few things I cook.

Not exactly steak..

Buy a beef roast, cut it into thin steaks. Freeze most of them individually in ziplock freezer bags. Pan fry the one you kept out. IE: Heat your pan up with a little oil in the bottom, put steak in. Flip when cooked on one side. If your worried about under cooking use a knife to cut into the steak. It should be very slightly pink when it's done. Make sure to sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the steak while your cooking it.

Put on a plate, let it sit for about 5 minutes. Now when you cut into the steak it won't be pink, it finishes cooking on the plate. The best sides for this would be a baked potato and salad. How to bake a potato in a microwave.

You can also use left over baked potatoes in soup, or you can mash them. You would usually slice them for soup, or dig out the inside from the skin for mashing.

Save the liquid that should still be in the pan from your steak cooking. These are called drippings. We'll need that for a sauce later. Pour the drippings into something smaller you can stick in the fridge. An empty yogurt container works well, not yoplait though, something with an open mouth. Put this in the fridge.

You get more drippings if you marinade the steak in a little vinegar, or lemon juice, with salt pepper and/or garlic for an hour or more before cooking. It also gives you a better flavor and texture for your steak.

Marinating is easy, put a 1/4 cup of vinegar in a ziplock bag. Add about a spoonful of salt and pepper in the bag. You can add about 1/2 that much of garlic if you'd like. Close the bag and shake to mix it up. Put your steak in, leave this in the fridge for an hour or more.

Pasta with 2 sauces.

Get a big pot, cook a whole package of spaghetti noodles. Or another kind of noodles if you prefer. Once the noodles are done pour the whole contents of your pot through a colander and rinse the noodles. Poor the noodles into a big gladware container, or tupperware container, anything that seals air tight.

Sauce 1, beef

Take a can of cream of mushroom soup, heat this up in a pan on the stove. Only add 1/2 the amount of water the soup calls for. Don't boil this. Just warm enough to get the soup to turn into a liquid. Add 1/2 packet, or 1/2 cube, of beef bullion to the soup. Take the beef drippings we saved before out of the fridge. The grease should have floated to the top and formed a layer over the drippings. Use a spoon to remove most of the grease. You want to leave about 1/2 a level spoonful of grease. A little bit of fat goes a long way toward flavor, but to much will make your sauce taste greasy. Add a little pepper to the soup and you have a decent beef sauce. Do not add any salt to this sauce, there is enough in the bullion already. I like to add a little parsley to this sauce so I can tell it from the chicken sauce.

Sauce 2, chicken

Pretty much the same process, minus the drippings, as the beef sauce. Use a cream of chicken for this one and substitute chicken broth for water. You'll want to add a little rosemary to this one and 1/2 a level spoonful of butter, or margarine, for the fat content. You'll want to let this one simmer for about 10 minutes on the stove to let the rosemary release flavor. Simmering means keep warm on the stove, stirring every minute or so, with the heat low enough it doesn't start to boil. Make sure you scrape both the bottom and the sides when you stir or your sauce will probably stick to it badly.

Take 2 small gladware/tupperware containers and pour one sauce into each.

When your ready to eat just put some noodles on a plate, spoon your sauce on top and microwave till hot.

These should last a little over a week in the fridge. You can use them as a side, or as a main dish if your in hurry.

You can add some rinsed kidney beans to either one to make it more filling if you want. Use the colander and rinse the canned kidney beans before you put them on top of the pasta. Add the kidney beans after you heat the pasta up. Store extra kidney beans in another gladware/tupperware container.

A note on pepper..

There are, basically, 3 kinds of commonly available pepper.

1. Pepper corns, these need to be ground before use. They release a volatile oil which gives you a very different, and yummy, flavor. You'll need a pepper grinder to use these. Best for adding pepperiness to cooked dishes. Gives you the most flavor for the amount of pepper used.

2. Course ground pepper, no volatile oils but still a good flavor. Requires time, liquid, and heat to release most of it's flavor. Good for grilling, pan frying, or simmering. Medium amount of flavor for the amount of pepper used.

3. Fine ground pepper, doesn't require anything special to release it's flavor. Best for fast stuff that needs a fairly even flavor. Use in fast cooking sauces, marinades, and cold sauces. Least flavor for the amount used.

Products Discussed in

To Top