1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gun control (Admins please read before locking)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 04LTtacoma, May 29, 2012.

1. May 29, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I hate guns.....I try to buy everyone I can find, so as to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. Sure I might shoot them from time to time, but thats just to remind myself of there scarry-ness. ......and I clean them, only 'cause I like the smell of Hops #9.

2. May 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  3. May 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    Phuket

Phuket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    03 4X4 TRD
    Eibach/Toytec coils, bilstein 5100's all around, Kenwood DNX7100 Navigation
    crime rates would go down somewhat if every citizen owned a gun for protection and knew how to use it. No one will try to rob you if they know you might shoot them. That's why i'm pro gun. They are also fun to shoot!:cool:

4. May 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    I own a gun and carry it daily, it is my American right to do so. Lol Chris4x4!

5. May 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    Weapon of choice:

Gun
    Knife
    Spear
    Axe
    Spoon

My opinion is that I want to see the number of good people with guns outnumber the bad people with guns.

6. May 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    I would rank the Spork above the spoon any day......unless its plastic.......then I would rank it above the axe.

7. May 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    Rupp1

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    You've seen a metal spork?????????

8. May 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    I have found that those for more gun control have never been around guns. They fear what they don't know. The key is education, I love taking those that have never shot guns out shooting.

9. May 29, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    At a local gun shop I was visiting.....to....make sure no guns were escaping. It was labeled "Battle Spork". I should have bought the fucking thing. Next time I drive by the place, I think I'll pick it up, and post it.

10. May 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    NetDep

NetDep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma Off Road MGM
    Do you really NEED a truck that can exceed the LEGAL speed limit by more than one mile per hour? Do you really NEED to be ABLE to purchase that EXTRA FAT UNHEALTHY burger? Do you really NEED to make more money than "we" decide you NEED to have and have things that others don't? Do you really NEED all that fluff in the Constitution and Bill of Rights...it is the Bill of RIGHTS not Bill of NEEDS...so - do you really NEED all that stuff??

No. Much of it I want. Some of it I need but what I sure as heck don't need, or want, is someone telling me, and criminalzing, my wants and needs. The Founding Fathers decided, rightly in my opinion, that because the Government had a "well regulated militia" that I had the RIGHT to keep and bear arms which shall not be infringed. You may read it differently - but in the context of the time the Fathers had the concern that a overly centralized and powerful federal Government may become excessive and may need to be opposed by the people, and having a well regulated Militia meant the only way to do that was with an armed citizenry. Therefore - they had the wisdom to see that their creation might oneday be derailed and the only way to right that wrong would be to leave it to the true caretakers of Democracy - the People.

Second Amendment:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

From the Declaration of Independence:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Lastly, from Thomas Jefferson - a Patriot...

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

11. May 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Couldnt say it better myself.

12. May 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Just my opinion:

I think instant background checks are great. They take no time and do block some bad purchases. I am not for any form of permanent registration, as it's the first step to confiscation. I carry every day - today it was a Glock 19.

You might research Canadian laws for your paper. They just offiically ended their long gun registry, mostly due to what it was costing the taxpayer.

13. May 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    You are cruel..... it's like watching lemmings go off a cliff.

14. May 29, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
  15. May 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    First off , wut ?

Second , no , I need nothing from the Bill of Rights

16. May 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    So easy

17. May 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
  18. May 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    Executive

Executive Conservative

Member:
    Peabody, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD Sport
    Here in Massachusetts, the "Battle Spork" is only available to the holder of a Class A License to Carry. And it must be in "pre-ban" configuration with a maximum of 5 points at the end of the spork and no longer than 5.25". Also, the tactical black "Assault Battle Spork" is restricted to law enforcement officers only.

Chris

19. May 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4

Did you really expect people to answer your question instead of just railing over each other with their opinions? I know you thought they'd respond to your question w/o the banter, but well, it's TW.

As for me, I believe in the freedom to have firearms. That said, I think it should be earned, just like a license to drive. If you don't have a license, then you test on safety, handling, etc. as well as marksmanship. If I pass, I can then purchase firearms. If I want a big ass machine gun, well, like a license to drive a big ass truck, I have to earn that too with a higher grade license. As you learn, then you learn real gun control. That's where I stand. Hope it helps.

20. May 29, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    Rupp1

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Whew!! 5 points. I'm safe...:D

To Top