1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

guns for protection

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Swwacoma, Jul 2, 2010.

?

What do you own your firearm for?

1. Protection.

412 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Hunting.

47 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Both of the above.

700 vote(s)
    56.6%
  4. Don't own any.

77 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. May 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM
    creedler

creedler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    Old build in sig
    I use them for both hunting and protection. Although i hope and pray that i will never need my pistols for protection, I've trained myself mentally and physically to do so.

2. May 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    sportsterchop200

sportsterchop200 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Georgia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Tacoma 4x4
    OME 881, Bilstein 5100 @ 0", OME 10mm JK spacer, Stock rear on 265/70-16
    This post needs a "BECAUSE I CAN" option. Everyone legally able should own a gun just for the sole purpose that you can. It's your freedom and your wright to do so, so do it. Even if you never plan to shoot it or ever look at it, suppourt your freedoms and own a gun. If you do intend to use it, practice and get tranning. If you don't have the mental mindset to use force when neccessary then don't. But consider that in a bad situation it may be your family that needs help and someone who is unwilling to step up may cause one of your family members to loose their life.

Stand up for yourself and others, don't become a statistic/victim. Sadley you can't always count on a proffessional to be close or even have the mindset to act. Your safety is your own responsibility, no one elses. If not you then who?

3. May 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    +1

I bought by Glock 22 Gen 3 .40 for work purposes, but it has now turned into my everyday carry. I keep in my bedroom for self defense, I use it to go shooting as a hobby with friends and other LEO's/coworkers, and I carry it on duty. I own a firearm because it is my 2nd amendment right to defend myself and the people around me. It is also my job, and its fun. But as sportsterchop said, if your going to carry, be sure to practice and prepare. Get training and know how to use it. Guns dont aim or reload themselves, and its not as easy to do when your actually in the moment. Can say from experience, shooting at the range is NOTHING like actually drawing down on someone while yelling and having your heart pound. Practice practice practice, and then practice and train some more! Carry safe :)

4. May 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    The only time i had to pull my 45 out was to scare off a black bear. I didn't shoot it but shot near it. Now I'd never pull it out on a human, unless I was definitely going to pull the trigger.

5. May 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Thank you. I have to be honest...I'd much rather shoot a bad person than a animal if it came down to it. :)

btw...after watching the bear for a few minutes in my camp with my wife, I had to go out and scare it when it started checking out my large cooler with 9 days worth of meat I planned on smoking. Beefe jerky, tri tip, etc...

6. Jun 1, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Ha no option for collecting, just for hunting and protection?

I have currently 17 guns and only one is for protection and I don't hunt, though I did back in the early 80's (sort of) and have nothing against hunting at all, just too lazy to get a license.

I collect them and plink the crap out of mine.

7. Jun 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    interesting conversation going on with some coworkers.
    I am pro gun, and conceal carry. unfortunately, I live in the shittiest state, that is now the only state that doesn't allow concealed carry. I plan on getting a pistol for home defense.
    my supervisor and his boss now call me rambo. they say that i'm just going to get power hungry just because of the fact that I own a gun. I disagree. I say I want a gun in my home for protection. If someone breaks into my house, I want to be able to defend myself and my family if necessary. I am pretty sure neither one of them have ever even held a gun. But they are very adamit that people shouldn't own guns. I am glad they aren't politicians.

now to go figure out what to get for home defense.

8. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    hunting and protection. hell, i'll use my bow for protection if need be

9. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    FFTacoma

FFTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    I always carry a pistol for home & personal protection. I live in a town that has a terrible crime problem. I too have had my home burglarized (no one home at the time). I am also LEO and carry off duty in case I encounter previously arrested felons. Besides that, there is just some terrible people in this world whose sole intent is to feloniously assault, rob, or kill you. Felons, meth-heads, etc., do not care what they do to get what they want. I don't intend to be a victim! The biggest caveat to carrying a firearm is to always remember it is a huge responsibility and you will have to justify your actions. Be safe!

10. Jun 6, 2012 at 4:24 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    "Power hungry"??
    That's pretty good. They've bought the Chicago politicos' plan hook, line, and sinker. I have a neighbor with the same ideas - and I reload, compete, and carry all the time.
    I guess the only thing to be said is that they can only insult you if you value their opinion.

11. Jun 6, 2012 at 4:42 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    lol. yeah, I take it all with a grain of salt. I really dont think either of them have ever even held a gun. One of them says that if I have a gun in my house and someone breaks in, that I wont use it, and if i kill someone that breaks in, I will go to jail. Even though all the people who have been victims of home invasion that have killed the invader, haven't gone to jail. the other one doesn't think anyone should own guns. It's very funny. I have just stopped trying to talk about it, cause I really don't care what they think. All i know is that I will protect or defend my family with any means necessary.

12. Jun 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    Teniente

Teniente Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City, NV/Ensenada, Baja California, MX
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    George Washington had a better idea..........

image023[1].jpg

13. Oct 17, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I pulled my gun once, outside of military service. I went to a movie and was walking back to my car in the parking lot, 4 black guys came walking toward me, I veered and they veered. They walked up to me, said give me your wallet, reached back like I was grabbing my wallet, pulled my H&K 9mm and pointed it at the biggest fucker. Their eyes widened to dinner plates and I said "You fucked with the wrong fucking cracker bitches!"
    What they say about how fast they are......is true! Lightning on meth fast.

14. Oct 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    michael roberts

michael roberts Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    07,4x4, white, AC.
    powder coated hood support.
    What's that old saying, " better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it"

15. Oct 18, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    cluznar

cluznar Member

Member:
    Bersa Thunder .32
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger SR9c

All carry guns

16. Oct 18, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    My ccp arrived yesterday... will be carrying my Sig 239 9mm when possible. Have much more firepower in the home for protection. And i hunt a few times a year

17. Oct 18, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    spazjensen

spazjensen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 4cyl 5spd Manual
    3" lift with Biltein 5100's and Eibach Coils
    30-06 Remington Model #710, Remington 870 Express 12gauge, Realtree Camo'ed Remington AR-15, and Horton Crossbow w/ 170lbs of tension.
    I use em mainly for hunting deer and hog, but if the situation ever called for it I wouldn't hesitate to point that barrel or broad-head at the person in my house.

Here's two of em...

309125_274921929200394_2018251_n.jpg

18. Oct 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    Hunter.V.White

Hunter.V.White Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Fairbanks, AK
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC 4WD TRD-Off Road
    Pelfreybilt Steel Armor, Famous Fabrication Sliders, OME 3" Lift, 886x coils, Dakar Leaf Packs, TC UCA's, Fuel D551 Wheels, 285/70/R17 Toyo Tech RTs, Warn Zeon 10s Winch, Rigid Industries 20" E2 Flood, RI 20" SR Spot/flood, RI Duallys, SwitchPro SP8100, Uniden Bearcat 680 CB Radio.
    ^^ Fingers on the triggers...:facepalm:

19. Oct 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    drewgodfrey

drewgodfrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    drew
    Yucaipa SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport
    flow master exhaust, plasti dipped wheels for now, k&n drop in airfilter
    both and also just to go have fun shooting!

20. Oct 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    mknipp

mknipp Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just bought a Springfield XDS last weekend for conceal carry and home protection. Sad thing is I haven't been to the range with it yet!

Products Discussed in

To Top