1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gunsmoke Lamin-X Tail Light Tint, save $25!

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Abe Froman, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Apr 17, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Abe Froman

Abe Froman [OP] The Sausage King of Chicago

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD Sport
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD O2 Simulator, Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Weathertech Floor Liners, Very Nice A/V
    I bought a bulk roll and I have a fair bit left over. Here's the deal: cost for 05+ tails and universal 3rd brake light is $73 plus shipping on lamin-x.com.

I'll give you all 3 for $48 plus shipping. (Also willing to do a partial trade for yellow lamin-x fog tint, if anyone has some)

In the first pic below you can see the shapes I'll cut for you. In the center is the film I peeled off my own truck and used as a template. You can see I'm giving you more than an extra inch all the way around, so you shouldn't have any fit issues some people complain about when using the little tabs on the factory cut films. You'll have plenty of edge to grab and when you're done, cut off the excess (and your grubby little fingerprints) with a razor blade. My tail films are about 12" x 17". 3rd brake light films are 12" x 4". I've only got 2 full sets plus enough extra film for 5 more 3rd brake lights - I'll sell those for $10 each. Material is in perfect condition - no scratches or scuffs. I have sturdy shipping tubes at work, so I won't be able to provide an exact shipping cost until I get my hands on them Monday. But you'll pay what I pay and not a penny more.

Oh, and before anyone asks, I removed the tint from my truck because I'm entering law enforcement and it's not the image I want to portray anymore. I had great results with it. My only regret is not taking pics before I took it off. For plenty of pics, search here for lamin-x. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Apr 17, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    PrerunnerChris

PrerunnerChris Go Big Or Go Home!

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner V6
    How dark did it make ur tails? There kinda stricked about that here in CA

3. Apr 18, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    Abe Froman

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD Sport
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD O2 Simulator, Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Weathertech Floor Liners, Very Nice A/V
    I only found one pic of this tint on my truck (below). It's a nice moderate tint - not blacked out. Google images is full of more pics. Manufacturer says the 'gunsmoke' tint allows 90% light output:
    https://www.lamin-x.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1156

[​IMG]

4. Apr 18, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    Abe Froman

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD Sport
  5. Apr 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    lamin-x is some really awesome stuff. but isn't the cost of an entire roll only like 100-125 bucks?

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    Abe Froman

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD Sport
    Yep, that's about right. If you want to do all 7 lights, definitely buy a whole roll and save some $$$. But for anyone just wanting to do their tails, this is a good deal. I'll make it even better: Tint film for all 3 brake lights - $50 shipped to your door. Cost for these 3 items shipped from lamin-x.com is $83.87...

[​IMG]

7. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    Abe Froman

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD Sport
    Bump.
    Free installation in the El Paso area - satisfaction guaranteed!

To Top